Peanut Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables
1 - 1.5 lb. chicken
1-2 T. oil
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1 lb. vegetables (I used carrots, mushrooms, and zucchini.)
1 c. natural peanut butter
4 T. low sodium soy sauce
1 T. Sriracha chile-garlic sauce
1/2 t. ground ginger
1 lb. pasta
- In a gallon ziplock bag, mix the oil, salt, and pepper. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and put them in the bag.
- Clean and chop all of the vegetables into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Mix the peanut butter, soy sauce, chile-garlic sauce, and ginger.
- Start the water for the pasta.
- Cook the chicken over medium heat until cooked through and some pieces begin to brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions and drain, reserving ~2 cups of the pasta water.
- Cook the vegetables over medium heat.
- While the vegetables are cooking, mix the peanut sauce with the pasta, adding pasta water until the pasta is coated and the sauce is creamy.
- Mix in the vegetables, once they have cooked to desired tenderness.