WSCA Board Meeting Minutes
Attending: Scott Muirhead, Linda Henson, Jim Darby, and Dave Hamilton. Unable to attend: John Headley, Jeff Demmon, Ted Sapoznik, Dean Cornelison
- Welcome Jim Darby – Jim is the newest WSCA board member taking the VP position previously held by Scott Muirhead
- Review previous meeting minutes - Approved
- 2017 shoot schedule: Status/concerns
- The 2017 shoot schedule has been sent to all the clubs and approved by the board. Linda will send the information to NSCA for shoot numbers. The clubs will receive their shoot numbers directly from NSCA.
- 2016 Financials: Status/concerns – Dave reviewed.
- To date there is $5616 in the bank.
- Discussion regarding club fees. Tabled until the next board meeting.
- Youth Shooting: update/concerns
- Scott will contact Dean to see what he has learned
- Tabled until information received
- Set for Granite Falls (9/7/17 to 9/10/17):
- Anything to be doing now :
- Start vendor solicitations:
- Jim is going to speak with Granite Falls to see if they want to work together on soliciting vendors so we don’t step on each other.
- Tabled until information is received
- Duties @ state shoot for WSCA Board:
- Drawing/Registration for shoot off.
- Conducting the WSCA shoot off.
- Giving out vendor/purchased items at Saturday evening event.
- RTE winner announcement and awards
- One member on the protest committee
- There was discussion regarding continuing the registered tour event (RTE). It was decided that it would continue through 2017 state shoot. Board will reevaluate the RTE between now and then.
- The 2016 Oct RTE at Evergreen was cancelled because of weather. It will be rescheduled and added to the schedule and announced on WSCA web site and Facebook.
- There was discussion around putting together a shooter survey. Each board member was asked to come up with a set of questions and criteria for the survey.
- Tabled until next meeting
- WSCA representation at all clubs:
- There was discussion regarding all board members visiting each club. It was agreed that this was a good idea. The board will pick a club each month and as many as can will attend that shoot and talk to the clubs to see if they have any needs, issues, or suggestions. TBD
- There was also discussion around getting a group of shooters together when the board goes to Eastern Washington to make it an event. Dates TBD.
- There was discussion regarding soliciting clubs now for the 2018/2019 state shoots. Scott will draft a letter, board will approve and Linda will send to all the clubs.
- Discussion on how to get some new clubs. Scott will talk to John Headley about Rock Mountain in Mount Vernon and will talk to Chris Klein about Richard Hoyts place in Eastern WA.
- Jim mentioned that NSCA used to have a spreadsheet that clubs could use for scoring. Linda had followed up with NSCA to see if it still exists. If so, we will make it available to all clubs to use.
- There was a discussion on how we can get more shooters involved and meet each other by having some events after a shoot.
The suggestions were:
- WSCA events post registered shoot: Beer/brats
- WSCA drawings/raffles post registered shoot
- Vouches for sponsoring new registered shooters
- Put on a sub gauge shoot after the main event
- More ideas and discussion to continue
- Board minutes will be posted on WSCA and Facebook
- Scott will send dates for the next Board meeting in the meantime the board will communicate via email on above items