Honors Chemistry Test Corrections
You have the opportunity to do test corrections for exams
- Test corrections are due one week after being informed about them.
- Test corrections must be done completely for all missed questions, or you will not receive credit.
- Test corrections must be hand-written and legible.
- Any student who completes test corrections on time, to specifications will receive one half of all missed credit back on their exam grade, or a 65 in cases where one-half of all missed credit does not raise a grade to a 65.
Each correction has 5 parts:
For each missed mpc:
- Restatement of question.
- Identification of the right answer (the answer, not just the letter)
- Explanation of why it is the right answer (1 sentence)
- Explanation of why each other answer is wrong (1 sentence each)
- Explanation of why you got it wrong (at least 1 sentence).
For each missed short answer:
- Restatement of the question.
- Identification of the right answer.
- For any calculated answer: Show all work.
- For any written answer: Explanation of why it is the right answer (1 sentence).
- For all: Explanation of why students got it wrong (at least 1 sentence).
Additionally, you must submit the following with your test corrections:
- A statement as to why you did poorly on this exam, and at least three strategies that you can use, going forward, to improve your exam performance.
- All exam materials (part 1, part 2, and scantron), with a parent/guardian signature on the scantron.
Failure to complete all parts of test corrections will result in no improvement to your score.