Chromebooks @ MHS
Manchester Public Schools is a Google District. Each student at Manchester High School is issued a Chromebook to use for schoolwork and related purposes.
- Chromebooks are meant for enhancing your learning:
- Consulting experts
- Communicating with other MHS students and staff
- Locating materials to meet your educational needs
- Distance learning activities
- You are responsible for bringing home and charging your Chromebooks every night so that you are prepared for class.
- You are responsible for bringing your Chromebooks with you to school everyday
- Teachers will call home if you forget to bring your Chromebook charged and ready for school.
- If you forget to bring the chromebook repeatedly, the library staff will call home and disable the device remotely. Library staff will re-enable the chromebook once the you bring it to school.
- Please use your mpspride.org email for school use (schoolwork, emailing teachers, coaches, advisors, etc.) Check your email DAILY.
- Please use your personal email for anything that is not school-related.
- To logon to your Chromebook:
- using your typical school logon followed by @mpspride.org.
Ex. year of graduation, first 3 letters of first name, first 3 letters of last name
- Your password is your student ID. number
For more details on appropriate Chromebook use, please see the MHS Acceptable Use of Technology Policy and the MHS Chromebook Handbook on your Google Drive
How to take care of your Chromebook
- Buy Insurance-MHS self-insures for $40 per student. Bring a check or cash to the MHS Library to purchase insurance for the School Year.
- If you have a Chromebook issue, bring your Chromebook to the MHS Library. During class time you must have a valid pass or you may come before or after school.
- Store Chromebooks in a safe place
- Extreme heat or cold will damage the Chromebooks
- Do not store in your car or leave in the sun
- Make a safe place at home to store/charge your Chromebook when not in use
- Be gentle with your Chromebook
- If you choose to personalize your Chromebook, choose only school appropriate decals and not stickers or duct tape.
- Clean Chromebooks with a microfiber cloth
- No food or drink near the Chromebook
- Keep Chromebooks in a dry area, specifically out of the bathroom or kitchen
- Do not lean or put pressure on top of the Chromebook when it is closed
- Do not place objects inside of the Chromebook when it is closed
- Turn off Chromebook when in a bag to avoid overheating
- To avoid battery drain, completely turn off Chromebook at night
- Do not carry your Chromebook while it is open
- Do not carry your Chromebook by its cover