Club History

Founded in 1928, the Club have both an outdoor green and a two rink indoor green. The latter, which was opened in 1933, is the oldest purpose built indoor green in the country. The club have over the years achieved many things including reaching the final of the first Denny Cup and in 2009 three of its bowlers won the National triples title at Worthing.

Over the years the club have played an active part in Cambridgeshire bowls: hosting many County Finals and having many of its members serve the County as officers.

 

The Current Secretary of Bowls Cambridgeshire is one of our members.

The club has also hosted the Finals of the Cambridge and District Bowls League and provided two League Presidents. Members of the club also hold office with the Cambridge Business Houses Pairs Bowls League (BH).

The Club play outdoors during the summer season and field teams in the County Fours League (Bowls Cambridgeshire), the Cambridge and District League and the BH Mixed Pairs League.

During the indoor season (September to May) the club runs several leagues and competitions on its Indoor Green. The membership of the indoor section is not only open to C&C outdoor players but also to players of other outdoor clubs in and around cambridge. The Indoor club also compete in the County Indoor League.