Setting up Wirecast &
Connecting to YouTube
This is the layout for Wirecast.
Connecting Wirecast to your YouTube Live Event
- The first thing you will need to do is set your Output Settings to connect Wirecast to YouTube. Choose ‘Output’ in the top menu and select ‘Output Settings’.
- The output settings menu will open and here you will connect your YouTube account.
- Click on the ‘Authenticate’ button, and a new window will open where you will need to sign into your YouTube account. Once you have signed in, a new window will open asking you to allow Wirecast to access your account. Click ‘Allow’. Now your Output Settings will be connected to your YouTube account.
- Next you will need to name your Wirecast stream and chose the proper encoding bitrate.
- Then you will select the YouTube event that you have already created for your upcoming meeting. (If you haven’t already created a new live event, go into YouTube and create one then return to Wirecast and choose that event for your output settings.)
- Once you have entered all the output settings, click ‘OK’. Now your Wirecast is connected to your YouTube live event and you are ready to begin streaming.
Start streaming in Wirecast and YouTube
- To begin streaming to YouTube, click the ‘Stream’ button at the top of your Wirecast window. Note: You may also want to click ‘Record’ to save a backup recording to your computer.
- Back in your YouTube live event browser, go to the Live Control Room.
- The ‘Preview’ button will now be illuminated. Click ‘Preview’. A pop-up window will appear, click OK.
- Once YouTube has previewed the stream, the ‘Start Streaming’ button will be illuminated. Click ‘Start Streaming’ to begin your stream. Another popup window will open, click OK.
- YouTube will begin the stream, and a counter will begin counting up displaying that you are LIVE
If you forgot to start you Wirecast encoder, you will see a screen like the one below.
The two signs on this page that your encoder is not on are circled (We are not yet receiving data from your encoder….) (Stream Status: NO DATA)
To fix this, go back into your Wirecast Output Settings and make sure it is connected to the correct YouTube live event.
Stop Streaming in YouTube and Wirecast
- In YouTube live control room, click ‘Stop Streaming’. A pop up menu will open, click OK.
- Once it has stopped streaming in YouTube, go back to your Wirecast window and click ‘Stream’ to stop the stream. The red light will turn off and you have stopped your stream. If you were recording, also click the record button until the red light turns off.