Code of Conduct
As Dames of Destiny and Safe Gamer Members it is our responsibility to maintain our reputation, not only as safe gamers but to continue treating each other with respect. In addition to all guidelines established by Bungie, Sony, and/or Microsoft, we expect our members to abide by the following Code of Conduct.
Basically everything on this code can be summed up to fit under this concept:
“Providing a safe, fun, positive, supportive gaming environment for all members.”
- Be excellent to one another. While playing with other members, refrain from insults and/or slurs, including but not limited to those based on race, creed, sexual orientation, gender, age or level of physical/mental ability.
- This also extends to chats, forums and any other form of communication used between members.
- This is a positive gaming environment. We expect you to be helpful and encouraging towards your fellow members. Support each other. Gaming can get intense but put-downs or demeaning talk as a means of achieving a goal are never acceptable.
- Many of us are comfortable with more colorful language, but please refrain from using profanity on any Dames/SG-run forums, group walls, chats, and during any live-streamed Twitch events.
- If a fellow member in your fire team or chat expresses concern about the use of profanity for any reason, please show respect and watch your language while playing/talking with them.
- Be mindful of subject matter as well. Since we want this to be a safe place for ALL our members, keep more adult conversations such as sexually suggestive pictures and comments and references to excessive drinking or drug use out of group chats.
- GamerTags, PSN IDs and Bungie IDs which contain profane language and/or slurs do not follow our Code of Conduct, therefore, some members may not be accepted into the group or may be asked to change their names in group chat to better align with the Dames and SafeGamers principles.
- Remember a positive attitude, respect and patience go a long way!
- Any public use of the Dames of Destiny or Safe Gamers names and logos must be approved by an admin.
- This includes but is not limited to: streams, events, groups, clans, products, and social media accounts.
- Feel free to advertise that you are part of these groups; be proud of your clans.
- Remember that you are representing those groups, even when you aren't streaming with us or in game with us, so please represent us well.
- When playing with other dames or SafeGamers, you are responsible for who you invite into your fireteam. If a person you invite, exhibits behavior that is not in line with a positive, safe environment, please ask that person to leave or remove both yourselves from the group.
- We want to give everyone a fair chance to be a positive part of these groups. However, penalties may apply when guidelines are not being followed properly.
- Penalties may vary depending on the severity and frequency of offenses. (Up to and including removal from the group if absolutely necessary).
- The discipline process is consistent and shared across all consoles and clans so if you are in multiple Dames/SafeGamers groups, your actions in one can affect your standing in another
If an issue arises:
- Never put a personal problem with another member on a public forum (group chats, Bungie wall, forum, etc.) We all want to solve the issue but airing it publicly leads to greater hurt and disrupts the whole group.
- If an issue does arise in a public forum please do not engage it further, instead contact an admin immediately and they will come help out and address the issue.
- If another member makes you uncomfortable or hurts your gaming experience, let them know what they are doing that you dislike (in game or private message) We expect all members to respect each other and any unwanted behavior to stop when asked.
- If the problem persists or you are unable to address it yourself, fill out our dames grief report or safe gamers grief report and/or contact an admin. We want to work with all parties to resolve issues as quickly and fairly as possible.
- Please don’t hesitate to discuss any questions or concerns, either with a pm to an admin or through the report form but not on the main wall.
- If there is an issue that requires an admin or mod to step in, it will be handled according to the steps outlined in our Discipline Process, found here.
- Chats/Forums are meant to be a way to connect with one another to form teams, get to know each other and just have fun, but this does not mean anything goes. Please stay respectful of each other when using written communication.
- Keep in mind that the same guidelines apply to text abbreviations and memes. No profanity should be used in either of these and keep your memes clean, please
- In the interest of keeping chat safe and comfortable, we ask that you avoid more adult topics and please keep more personal matters to smaller chats or pms. Remember there are hundreds of chat-members and excessively sharing information can become uncomfortable for everyone.
- Again no airing issues with other members publicly, always come to an admin/report any issues right away.
- Although side chats can be created and used, we do not encourage them. We do expect side chats with other members to follow the same guidelines as the main chats. But, as we admins/mods have little or no reach into private chats, please use them with caution. Admins and mods will always be willing to help if an issue arises, but it is much harder for us to do so.
- In chats please respect the word of the mods/admins. Do not attack an admin or their enforcement of Code in a public chat. If you ever have a concern about a mod or an admin please contact another admin or fill out the report form.
All of the above guidelines pertain to live streaming on the Dames/SafeGamers channels and being in the Twitch chat.
- When streaming under the Dames or Safe Gamers name you are truly representing these groups to the community and beyond. So please help us create the positive image we are all striving for, help us show the community not only how awesome we all are at this game but also how awesome we are to each other and to everyone.
- Do not share the sign-in info with anyone without direct permission from an admin.
- Keep it PG/PG-13 (preferably more towards PG please), there are kids who watch the channels.
- If a member of your fire team is using color language, please ask them to amend their language. If they are unwilling/do not follow through with it, then change the voice sharing options.
- Make sure to let your fire team know that you are streaming, and respect them if they ask not to have their voice shared.
- Also be aware that members in your fire team may not want their real name or any personal information about them shared on stream.
- Streamers and fireteam should be 18 or over or have parental permission on file to stream (as per Twitch rules)
- If you would like to do giveaways, you may at your own discretion. The giveaway should be in your immediate possession at the time. If you are sending out Red Bull codes, please make sure to let the winner know that the code may have been compromised
- Make sure to ask a Twitch moderator to join your stream before beginning. Sometimes the channel alerts are not e-mailed for a few minutes to a few hours.
- Also remember to make yourself a mod in the stream chat to be able to take care of a situation in a pinch
We don’t expect to control your personal twitch channels. We do ask if you are representing dames (other than your clan tag ie header, logo, etc) you abide by the Dames/SG Code of Conduct.
Otherwise, you are free to stream as you like but keep in mind you are still representing Dames/SafeGamers, especially if you are displaying the clan tag, it is a great idea to have a disclaimer pointing out that your streams and fireteam members do not necessarily represent the clan.
Dames and Safegamers love to support great causes. The causes we are most likely to support are the ones the Destiny Community is focused on, and those run by verified non-profit organizations. If you have a suggestion for charity, bring it to an admin. If you see someone promoting a charity in chat, please note that ONLY an admin should be posting about charities.
We hope this just serves as a reminder to respect each other and be the amazing people we know you all are. This way we can enjoy gaming and show everyone what a great and talented clan we are.