Fife Milton Edgewood Junior Soccer Club
Minutes of February Meeting
Open the Meeting
Attendance of Chairpersons/Officers: Tom Kolokithas, Travis Hull, Jenn Killmer, Diedre Feinauer, Danelle Rempfer, Cy Palmer, Bobbie de la Cruz, Darcy Hobbs, Ryan Johnson, Carolyn Sinay, Jesse Poplawski, Kaylynn Poplawski
Excused: Ryan Johnson
President- Tom Kolokithas
- SLMS Shed - waiting on district approval. Tom has found 40ft container. We will share with baseball if school district approves, they will split cost. Tom Pierson has contact for shed and offered to connect FME with them. Kent Cross has 20ft container he would donate if they only allow 20ft.
- District 3 - as some have heard, D3 is shutting down. Won’t be official until WSYSA has May meeting. Perry is transferring to Oklahoma and no one has stepped up to take place. Not sure what will happen to Select teams.
- Concerns -- teams will still have option for NPSL or PSPL
- TPCJSA - concern was given about difficulty scheduling. They are talking about starting 8/28. Push from school districts about field conditions and they want season to end earlier.
- WSYSA changed player charge. Went down to try and keep people from going to PSPL.
- We will have to pay background check fees this year.
- Next TPCJSA meeting is AGM on 2/26
Vice President- Travis Hull
- TPCJSA meeting – covered by Tom
Secretary – Jenn Killmer
- Minutes of 1/14/15 Meeting – Sharon Moves, Dale seconds. Approved
Treasurer – OPEN
- Eboard will be doing until replacement is found. Ed is still helping, but needs to be released from the responsibility. Tom Pierson suggests we contract with someone (like a local firm). Diedre has a contact she will talk to.
Registrar – Diedre Feinauer, (Ast Registrar - OPEN)
- Congrats Fusion 01 for making to semi finals
- Registration will open tentatively 3/27. Will post when date finalized.
- Select coaches still have to register through BONZI. Wait on RMA because it is dependent on what league you play in. 2014 RMA good until 7/1/15.
- Bobbie de la Cruz nominated for Asst Registrar. Accepts, approved.
Game Chair – OPEN
- Danelle Rempfer nominated as Games Chair. Accepts, approved.
- No report
Fields Chair – Open
- Tom is doing until a replacement is found.
Referees – Cy Palmer
- PCSRA is rumored they have a contract with the clubs. Advantage is they would handle all finances so FME would not have to write checks every 2 weeks. It would be slightly more expensive for club. Club can stipulate they pay our Ref’s every 2 weeks.
- If we don’t go through PCSRA we would have to provide our own L&I. Cy could still be assigner and schedule our Ref’s for FME games. Concerns about non-FME ref’s signing up for FME games and no-showing like they do with other clubs. Cy assures us he can continue to do scheduling if we want him to.
- We currently use PCSRA website and affiliate with them.
- FME is fortunate we have a large group of Adult Ref’s
- Will have another training in June.
- FME ref clinic will be late-August as usual
Training Director – Darcy Hobbs
- List Select Coaches - given list of head coaches
- Select Coaches Meeting - On 2/27 we will have a mandatory Select Coaches meeting. Head coaches required, Asst and managers advised. Concern given for GU16 -- Renegades coach was not aware there was a select coach for that division, would have like to have been notified before, might choose to go select now.
- Sean suggests we allow like-level kids to play together from a younger age.
- Kent suggests we figure out how to get our name out there to attract all these new families moving into nearby area.
- Per Brian -- issue with developmental programs at young ages, it tears teams apart because it makes teams feeder programs to higher levels and the rec players drop out.
- Per Ricky we should make a clear communication on what our select program is and is about.
- Tom states we need to give more communication on what we are doing so parents/players/coaches/community members know what is going on. Kelly Rettko suggests going with the online forum Dale suggested at last meeting.
- Nick brought up that UK academy should have been better advertised earlier than more parents would have signed up to volunteer. Make a timeline of how they can grow in the club. Then people know what options and commitments are. Lay out the entire path so people know what is available.
- Select Guidelines proposed changes - Eboard has to approve changes, they will be presented at the Summit meeting. Biggest things are standard uniform.
- Tom Pierson asks for clarification on what select fees ($40) pays for -- mostly refs and cup fees
Webmaster – Dale Speaks
- Looking at email system. Eboard email address is rejecting emails. Is working on it. It is not forwarding to all gmail accounts.
Picture – Carolyn Sinay
- Picture day will be 9/19/15
- If you have any feedback on pictures this last season, email Carolyn.
Turkey Jamboree/Ways&Means – Ryan Johnson
Equipment – Jesse Poplawski
- Shopping vendors to see what is best price for club’s needs
- Will check into prices so kids keep their balls.
Uniforms – Kaylynn Poplawski
- Per Jesse - Shopping vendors to check prices.
- Looking at doing Gold jerseys this year and alternating Blue-and-Gold every year for variety.
- Developmental League - Discussed during Training
- PSPL Rec - PSPL started a rec league -- not to be confused with it’s select/premier program. It will be for U11-U18. There will be two divisions - A&B. It will be a 10-week session starting 9/5. There will be a Rec cup at the end, and every division will have a playoff. It should be more local than PSPL competitive.
- Only about $20 per team more
- Teams will possibly have the option to play TPCJSA or PSPL Rec
- For U7-U10 they are not sure what they will do. PSPL suggests doing MOD programs in-house. We could combine with neighboring clubs, or could stay TPCJSA
- SSML - South Sound MOD League is what PSC and SSC did for their MOD programs. We could do something like that with neighboring clubs.
For the Good of the Game:
Motion to Adjourn – Diedre
2nd – Jolene
Adjourned 8:37 pm
Next Meeting Date is: Wednesday, March 11th, 2015
Members Present: Tom Kolokithas (Pres, BU13 Shockwave), Travis Hull (VP, GU7 Blast, GU11 Pumas), Jenn Killmer (Secretary, GU8 Dragonflies, BU10 Sharks, GU12 Storm, BU18 Extreme), Diedre Feinaur (Registrar, BU10 Sharks), Danelle Rempfer (Games, GU13 Fusion 01, GU15 Renegades), Cy Palmer (Referees), Darcy Hobbs (Training, BU12 Xtreme), Bobbie de la Cruz (Asst Reg, BU12 Xtreme), Jesse Poplawski (BU7 Chaos, GU11 Pumas), Dale Speakes (Webmaster, BU12 Fireballs), Carolyn Sinay (Pic Day, BU11 Ragin Storm), Sharon Hemphill (BU14 & BU16 Xtreme), Kelly Rettko (GU12 Fusion), Megan Allen (GU12 Fusion), Kent Cross (GU14 Rage), Kevin Ringus (GU18 Fusion), Doug Watkins (BU11 Select), Doug Nelson (BU12 Barracudas), Brian Shelton & Tom Pierson (GU13 Fusion, GU15 Renegades), Bret Marzolf (GU9 Rascals), Jolene Freonbling (GU16 Blue Flame), Nick de la Cruz (BU12 Xtreme), Sean Patten (BU7 Chaos), Ricky McElwain (GU17 Fusion, BU15 Pythons)
Please excuse any incorrect spellings of names. ☺