#21 - For Azeroth!: “The Uncrowned”
• Garrett • Jocelyn
Intro: Welcome to For Azeroth!
What We’re Up To
- Haven’t read the spoilers. Just aware that they’ll be a new quest involving our favorite time-traveling dragon-gnome.
Class Campaign: Rogue (Thanks to Elaine of Shalott)
With our return to the Broken Shore in 7.2, some of you might be wondering how it all went so wrong in the first place… Unless you’re a rogue that is!
- The Alliance and Horde joined forces in a disastrous attack on the Broken Shore as the Legion began their invasion of Azeroth, but why? How did they not know the attack was doomed? Those answers are locked away behind the Rogue order hall questline!
- After Dalaran is teleported to the Broken Shore, rogues are sent to the Hall of Shadows to meet Jorach Ravenholt
- Jorach Ravenholt is the head of the Ravenholt assassins, and was previously (pre-Cata) responsible for teaching Rogues their Detect Traps ability
- Rogues gain access to their order hall in a really neat way, by going into a specific shop, giving the vendor a pass phrase, and going through a secret door into their order hall beneath Dalaran
- You are greeted by Jorach, as well as Tess Greymane, Fleet Admiral Tethys (Bloodsail Buccaneers), Valeera Sanguinar, Garona Halforcen (murderer of Varian’s father) and Taoshi (Shado-Pan), all members of the rogue order The Uncrowned who guide the paths of empires from the shadows
- They offer you a position within the Uncrowned, along with the answers to all your questions
- After acquiring the artifact weapon you wish to wield against the Legion, you return to your hall for a celebration and a toast… But since you’re rogues, of course someone has poisoned it!
- Enter Vanessa Van Cleef, daughter of Edwin Van Cleef, who was thought to have been killed in the Deadmines
- She explains that she drank an elixir of her own making to appear dead, in order to fool her enemies
- Vanessa is upset that she was to become the final Shadow on the council of the Uncrowned, but they have chosen you instead, so you have to put her in her place. She agrees to help you against the Legion after you prove you are the stronger combatant
- After your base in the sewers has been set up, the body of a woman arrives on your doorstep. It’s Amber Kearnen, an SI:7 Operative
- Amber has been in WoW since Vanilla, working against the Defias Brotherhood
- SI:7 is the CIA of the Alliance. They are based in Stormwind City currently led by Spymaster Mathias Shaw
- She has an SI:7 missive with her, but you have no way to read the encrypted message
- You send your champions to investigate the SI:7, because you can’t have unknown entities at work while you fight the Burning Legion. Your champions return with the news that the SI:7 have been increasing the number of operatives in Horde controlled areas
- It is clear that you need to get to the bottom of Amber’s assassination sooner rather than later, so you follow her blood trail back to the location of her murder, only to find two SI:7 agents trying to break into her lockbox
- They are discussing how they can’t believe they had to kill one of their own, so clearly they are the murderers, and her death was ordered by Shaw himself
- They mention Citrine Bay, so that’s where you head with Admiral Tethys to find out more
- You discover a band of pirates known as the Red Blade, who have orders from Shaw to kill Amber, in exchange for full access to Stormwind Bay and a pardon for all past crimes
- To throw SI:7 off the trail of the Uncrowned, you send agents into all areas of the Broken Isles, hiding your true intentions
- Valeera discovers clues about an ancient Vrykul gem that can decipher anything, and it’s hidden in Stormheim. To get confirmation of the existence of the gem, we are sent to confront Heyla in the Maw of Souls
- You return to Valeera with a sketch of the Raven’s Eye, and tell her the legends are true. Valeera now knows how Lord Ravencrest was able to have almost perfect intelligence against the Legion during the War of the Ancients
- After defeating Lord Ravencrest (or more to the point, the demon Dantalionax), you acquire the Raven’s Eye, which allows you to finally decipher the SI:7 missive
- It turns out, Amber Kearnen died to hide the knowledge that the SI:7 arrived on the Broken Shore hours before the full forces of the Alliance and the Horde
- SI:7, lead by Shaw, was on a secret recon mission and were awaiting extraction so that they could warn the Alliance and the Horde that the Broken Shore was a trap
- They were discovered by the dreadlord Detheroc, who assumed the form of Shaw and is now leading the SI:7. That is why the Alliance and the Horde fell into the trap at the Broken Shore, and did not retreat in time to save their leaders
- Detheroc has been influencing King Anduin since the events of the Broken Shore, to pit the Horde and Alliance against each other and distract them from the true threat of the Burning Legion
- After searching the Broken Isles for Shaw, the Uncrowned decide it’s time to sneak into SI:7 headquarters in Stormwind, where they discover that the real Shaw is being held in Felsoul Hold in Suramar
- You and Taoshi rescue Shaw from his prison and take him back to your hall beneath Dalaran. Shaw overheard many of the Legion’s plans because Detheroc was careless, and so is ready to expose the dreadlord for who he really is
- Shaw tells us we have to move quickly, as the Alliance is ready to launch a full scale attack on the Horde, the result of which would mean losing Azeroth to the Legion
- Conveniently, we can’t fly into Stormwind because of snipers and wanted posters covered with all our faces, so we have to approach by sea with the help of Tethys
- The citizens of Stormwind are all hostile to you as a result of Detheroc’s smear campaign, so you have to stealth your way to SI:7’s headquarters
- You find Shaw fighting himself, and you have to choose which one is the real Shaw (though the game mechanic makes it impossible to choose the wrong one)
- As he dies, Detheroc warns that the Alliance and Horde are destined to destroy each other
- Shaw is restored as leader of SI:7, and war between the Alliance and the Horde has been averted, at least for now
You can send your emails to FAZpodcast@gmail.com
Greetings, Joce and Garrett! I was just catching up on your FAZtastic podcast and write this as I finished listening to your Winter Veil episode. At the end, you mention the Lich King cinematic trailer and it got me wondering, what do you guys think Blizzard has in store for *spoiler alert* the new Lich King, Bolvar Fordragon? We haven't really heard much from him since just after the death of Arthas. In my opinion, it would be a bit repetitive if Bolvar could not contain the Lich King's evil and led the Scourge against Azeroth in the same way that had been done during the third expansion. On the other hand, I feel it would be strange for Blizzard to just leave Northrend and the Jailor of the Damned behind forever. I'd love to hear your take on this.
Thank you to both of you for making Mondays a lot more bearable,
Text Goes Here
Subscribe to For Azeroth! on iTunes and on Youtube.com/Amovetv.
Catch the live show Monday mornings at 12pm Eastern on Twitch.tv/amovetv. Catch the live show from virtually any device thanks to AlphaGeekMedia.com.
Joce where can you be found?
Follow Jocelyn @JocePlays
The Gamers’ Inn
Follow Garrett @GarrettArt
NOMOONart.com for Garrett’s stream designs.
Into the Nexus: The Heroes of the Storm Podcast!
The Angry Nerd: Amove.tv/angrynerd