19 Chelwood St, Takaro, Palmerston North 4412 ~ Mobile (021) 545-667 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Whanganui District Health Board Whanganui
Core Midwife Jan 2013 - present
- Antenatal, labour and birth and postnatal care at a secondary maternity facility.
- Projects include development of Booking Form. Current responsibilities include TrendCare champion role and representation on Variance Response Management group. Previous responsibilities include monthly consumer feedback reporting, representation on WDHC TrendCare steering group.
Busyness Limited Palmerston North
Caseloading Midwife Apr 2011 - Mar 2013
- LMC for 28 women in 2011, 40 women in 2012 and 6 women in 2013 within the MidCentral DHB and birthing at Palmerston North Hospital.
Heretaunga Midwifery Centre Palmerston North
Locum Midwife / Projects Aug 2005 - Dec 2011
- Providing antenatal and postnatal support to a midwifery group practice with 4 midwives, working up to 4 days a week.
- Projects include updating the Centre website, birthing unit proposal to MidCentral DHB, developing a maternity notes booklet, compiling a prescription resource folder and prescription templates, and supporting the midwives using electronic record-keeping with MMPO on their laptops, MacBook, iPads and Android tablets.
Mamaternity Charitable Trust Manawatu
Coordinator / IT Specialist / Childbirth Educator Apr 2005 - May 2011
- Board Member and Secretary for the Trust.
- Employed roles included IT, payroll officer and accounts payable administrator.
- Teaching antenatal classes for several years. Collaboratively worked with the other childbirth educators to produce lesson plan outlines which were required for a DHB audit.
- Integration of Google Calendar and Google Docs, especially with the establishment of an availability listing of local midwives which is automatically updated and live on the Mamaternity website.
Feilding Maternity Services Feilding
Office Administrator Aug 2006 - Feb 2008
- Provided remote claiming data entry services, payroll and bank reconciliations for a 2 member midwifery practice.
MidCentral Health Ltd Palmerston North
Core Midwife Oct 2003 - Aug 2005
- Antenatal and postnatal care in the Maternity Ward and labour and birth care in Delivery Suite at a secondary maternity facility.
- Projects to modify the sections and layout of the clinical notes folders, and the development of a women-held maternity notes booklet for secondary care women.
Capital and Coast Health Ltd Wellington
Core Midwife Sep 2003
- Establishing beginning practitioner skills working on the postnatal ward in a tertiary facility.
Arohanui Midwives Wellington
Caseloading Midwife Dec 2002 - Aug 2003
- Midwifery care for 32 women as lead maternity carer, and in shared care and intrapartum LMC capacities in the Wellington and Porirua areas. Supporting women choosing to birth at Kenepuru Maternity Unit and Wellington Hospital.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- (incomplete) POSTGRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN MIDWIFERY PRACTICE, Otago Polytechnic, Preceptorship
- CERTIFICATE IN MIDWIFERY ACUPUNCTURE, New Zealand School of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine, 27 June 2008
- (incomplete) POSTGRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN MIDWIFERY, Massey University, 177-701 Midwifery Knowledge and Philosophy, 30 credits, 11 July 2007
- CERTIFICATE IN VOCATIONAL AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT, Open Polytechnic of New Zealand, 1 December 2006
- BACHELOR OF MIDWIFERY, Massey University, Wellington, 2000-2002
- (incomplete) BACHELOR OF BUSINESS STUDIES – Accounting , Massey University, Extramural, 1988-1995
- ‘A’ Bursary and Higher School Certificate, Otaki College, Otaki, 1987
Subjects: English, Accounting, Maths with Statistics, Maths with Calculus, Economics
Foot McLaren Prize for Prose and Poetry
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Member of the New Zealand College of Midwives, 2000 - present
- Moderator of the New Zealand Midwives email discussion list, Feb 2001 - 2015
Mamaternity Charitable Trust
111 Derby St
Phone (021) 353-715
Heretaunga Midwifery Centre
95 Heretaunga Street
Mobile (021) 511-014
Dr Chloe Frei
Palmerston North Hospital
Mobile (027) 293-2822