Notes: Layers of the Atmosphere
Using the two sources below find the following information. It’s recommended you use the Man vs. Weather chapter.
- Definition of atmosphere
- Percent breakdown of the major gases of the atmosphere and their role
- Carbon Dioxide
- Water Vapor
- Other Gases
- List the layers of the atmosphere
- Where do they start and end?
- How is it different from the other layers?
- Other important information that you can find in the reading
- How and why does atmospheric pressure change as you increase altitude?
- Where is the ozone layer and the ionosphere? What is their function?
- What happens to temperature as you increase in altitude?
- Create a properly proportioned diagram of the layers of the atmosphere
- You can just copy and paste a picture into your notes from the NOAA website
- Any other facts that you deem unique and important to your understanding of the atmosphere