Genetic Disorder Essay
October 23rd-27th, 2017
List of Genetic Disorders:
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Celiac Disease
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Diabetes: Type 1 (Juvenile Diabetes) and Type 2
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Tay-Sachs Syndrome
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Hemophilia A or B
- Write a logical, comprehensive essay on the scientific topic of your choosing from the list above. Follow the “Writing an A-Grade Essay” plan previously studied to write your essay.
- Must be a minimum of two full pages and no longer than four pages.
- Final draft is due Monday, October 30, 2017 - typed (font Times New Roman, size 12) or handwritten neatly with no cross-outs and in blue or black ink. A word count must be written on the last page of the paper.
- A written or typed bibliography of at least three sources (not including your textbook) used in the essay must accompany the report. If a bibliography is not included at the end of the essay, overall grading will begin at an 81%.
- No report cover needed. Simply staple the cover sheet, essay, outline, and bibliography in the top, left-hand corner.
- Include the page of your brainstorming ideas and the “Essay Checklist” with your final copy.
- October 18, 2017: Scientific topic chosen in class.
- October 23, 2017: Minimum four sources due in class.
- October 23-27, 2017: Two-page minimum essay completed in class.
- October 30, 2017: Typed or written essay due in class.
- This essay will count as one test grade and will be graded on the following criteria:
- Scientific Content