World Geography In Christian Perspective
With Political and Cultural Profiles
A Beka Books
Introduction to Geography
Australia, the Pacific, and Antarctica
- Reading assignments must be outlined in one color of pen and class notes written in using a different color of pen. Random outline checks will be done regularly for a homework grade. If there is no outline from a reading assignment then a 0% will be recorded and a homework slip given.
- Homework questions and worksheets must be answered using blue or black pen. Pencils are allowed for map-work ONLY. Any other work done in pencil will be returned to be re-done and a letter grade will be marked off.
- All work must be kept in a three-ring binder designated for both Geography and World History only and will be graded on test days for a quiz grade on the chapter being tested on. Grading will be on the basis of the following: a 100% for ALL reading and class notes, homework assignments, worksheets, and handouts ; or a 0% if any of the aforementioned items are not included. Because tests for this class are accumulative the notebooks kept for this class will be cumulative as well. Be sure to use the page dividers to divide your notes by chapters in your notebook. These will be collected on the day of the final and two quiz grades given.
- All Section Review Questions and Chapter Review Assignments may be written on the same page. Be sure to label each section for grading purposes. Answer all questions in complete sentences.
- All in-class grading must be completed in green ink and each student must write their name on the bottom of the assignment they are grading.
25%-Homework graded for accuracy and completion.
25%-Quizzes may be scheduled or given at random.
50%-Tests, and projects will be scheduled.
Cumulative Notebook (Two Quiz Grades)--
- Due on the Day of the Final Exam.
- Will be graded for creativity, completeness, and neatness.
Landform Diorama (Test Grade)--
- August 28, 2017: Shoe Box with Lid Due
- September 8, 2017: Diorama Due
Asian Country Travel Brochure (Test Grade)--
- September 8, 2017: Asian Country Chosen
- September 11, 2017: Country Information Due In-Class
- September 22, 2017: Travel Brochure Due
Pumpkin Geography: Globe and Country (Test Grade)--
- September 25, 2017: Pumpkin Due In Class (2nd Pumpkin Provided)
- October 20, 2017: Pumpkins Due
Country Report and Project Board Display (2 Test Grades)--
- October 9, 2017: Country Chosen
- October 23, 2017: Country Information Due In-Class
- October 23-27, 2017: Country Research Paper In-Class Workdays
- November 3, 2017: Country Research Paper Due
- November 8, 2017: Country Project Board Workday
- November 15, 2017: Country Project Board Workday
- November 21, 2017: Country Project Board Workday
- November 22, 2017: Country Dish Due for Thanksgiving Meal
- November 29, 2017: Country Project Board Due
- December 10, 2017: Project Boards Displayed at Project Fair After Church
South American Country Float (Test Grade)--
- November 30, 2017: South American Country Chosen
- December 4, 2017: Shoe Box Due In-Class
- December 4, 2017: Country Information Due In Class
- December 18, 2017: Country Float Due