Ann Arbor, Michigan
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB
TDD, LAMP, SOA, SOLID, BDD, MVC
jQuery, jQuery UI, Angular, Node, Jasmine, YUI, Spring, Struts, Hibernate
Revision Control Systems
Git, Mercurial, Subversion, RCS, CVS
Basic Network and Firewall configuration,
Automated image processing (using Leptonica)
Pillar Technology, Ann Arbor, MI
Senior Software Engineer
- Work as a member of an Agile team, practicing Test Driven Development.
Projects with Pillar:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield: Developing web services based on SOA principles using IBM WebSphere frameworks.
- Gordon Food Service: Updating workflow management systems to leverage modern web architectural principles to improve performance and enhance usability
- Cengage Learning: Assisting with maintenance and enhancement of collection search engine, advised and facilitated migration of a large codebase from Subversion to GIT.
- Trumble Inc: Re-engineer and enhance data analytics tools for automotive manufacturing.
Barracuda Networks Ann Arbor, MI
Senior Software Engineer, Barracuda Email Security Service
- Develop and Maintain young product.
- Assist in stabilizing the system, and create new features to allow product to come to market.
- Help to establish standards and procedures to allow the team to bring new features, while managing the capacity requirements of a quickly growing new product.
Senior Software Engineer/Development Team Lead (March 2011 — April 2012)
- Maintain and enhance Slashdot
- Coordinate with other teams including Editorial, System and Network operations Sales, and Ad Operations
- Act as scrum master, conducting daily stand up meetings, as well as sprint planning and retrospective evaluations
- Provide leadership for the development team by assigning projects, setting priorities and expectations, and directing architectural implementation of new features and systems
- Identify and implement process improvements and architectural refinements to improve security and extensibility of the system
- Assists in prototyping potential new feature and evaluating new technologies
- Recently completed a platform migration from Apache 1.3/ModPerl 1/MySQL 5.0 to Apache 2.2/ModPerl 2/MySQL 5.5 with less than 20 minutes downtime
Software Engineer (July 2010 — March 2011)
- Implements Interactive web-based promotional material for clients
- Provides accurate estimates to ensure delivery of new promotions on time and on budget
- Works closely with production, creative, and quality assurance teams to complete projects
- Assists in prototyping potential new products and evaluating new technologies
- Primary/Lead engineer developing the NHL’s 2010 All-star team voting syste.
Senior Software Engineer (2009-July 2010)
- Responsible for maintaining large customer facing web application
- Coordinating with product managers and internal stakeholders for streamlining and updating features
- Provide accurate estimates of effort for planning and scheduling product releases
Software Engineer III (2006-2009)
- Responsible for design and implementation of systems and tools to assist in the production of digital content
- Responsible for design and implementation of digital image manipulation and enhancement tools (both automated and user driven via Web Application)
Software Architect (2005-2006)
- Responsible for making recommendations on high level design and system architecture for new systems, working with contractors, as well as maintaining and improving existing systems
Software Engineer I (2004-2005)
- Developed web-based workflow management system/financial reporting engine used by fulfillment, sales, product management, and development. Described as “the most successful and stable system in the program.”
Software Engineer Technician (2002-2004)
- Assisted in porting enterprise website from Windows/IIS/SQL Server to Linux/Apache/Oracle, including the redesign of several pieces of functionality
MetaText Markup Language Technician (2001-2002)
- Redesigned manufacturing tools used to translate PDF to HTML to Proprietary Markup Language, effecting a 50% reduction in labor with improved output
Advanced Tools Technician (1999-2001)
- Three time recipient, “Individual Recognition Award” for tool designs significantly reducing manufacturing problems at netLibrary