- Have students open links (backchannel, scratch, etc) (5 minutes)
- Students write a brief intro on the back channel ”My name is.. living in .. (5 minutes)
- Eight blocks challenge - (20 minutes)
- Show how to change a sprite and background
- In groups/pairs students create a simple program using the 8 specified blocks. They can duplicate the blocks as many times as they like.
- Share experiences: Students look at what other groups have done and reflect on what they learned and noticed. Ask: What is something that confused you and how did you figure it out?
- Open the game and show how to remix the project and see the scripts.
Scratch help videos
Scratch help sheet
- Students who want a challenge can watch (how to make a simple game) and create their own.
- Share with other students (5 minutes)
- Demonstrate how to share a project and add it to the beginner gallery (10 minutes)