SLOKC General Meeting Minutes
Open Meeting: 7:15pm at Petsmart in SLO
Introductions & members in attendance: Carrie Muir, Cindy Fleenor, Janell Fleenor, Robin Blackburn, Shari Ziegenbein, Karyn Convertini, Mary Brown, Jennifer Nowell, Jeanette Furguson, Amy Sue Caperton (visitor), Katlyn Elder (visitor)
Minutes: Read and approved with corrections(Robin approved/Jennifer Seconded).
Past Show Business: No Past Show Business
Next Show Business: Karyn, Show Chairperson
- Judge Transportation: Mary to transport Judge Gay Dunlop from the Airport to hotel in PR on Friday-time to be communicated later. Only 1 person needed for Day of Show transportation to Grounds.
- Scholarship: Motion by for seed money for ongoing Junior’s scholarship of $100 from SLOKC. Second by Cindy. Motion approved.
- New pledges: Monica $100, El Camino Vet, $50, Jennifer N. $10
- Exhibitor Hospitality and Sound:
- Sundaes on Sunday –before Groups by Janell F.
- Food for Judges and working Club Members. All participated in sampling variety of dishes brought by Karyn. Feedback provided. Karyn and Shari responsible. Others contributing salads include Melinda C., Janell F., Monica F.
- EMT Services Confirmed.
- Vendors: to include: “LuLaRoe”, “Marci’s Massage”, “Day of Show”, “Pet Emporium”, “Overdrive Photo”. May be more-pending.
- “Bait” status to be determined on Friday before show by Karyn and Shari with purchase of rollover if needed.
- Motion by ______ that Bait to be available at catalog table at no charge. Seconded by Mary
- Food vendors not determined to date. Fairgrounds mgt has been asked to provide a vendor at the dog show location. If not, exhibitors would need to purchase at the adjacent Horse show location.
- Trophies: Plaque noting donor name-Elite Canine Services to be made for Trophy Tack Box.
- Parking: Arranged by Ron
- Show Photographer: Diana Han will not be at the show.
- Set-Up: 9AM Fri. All available to come.
- Volunteers: Girl Scout Troup #41074 requesting they be allowed to assist at the show. Will be available Sat afternoon and Sunday. Karyn and Shari to determine duties to be assigned.
- Show T-Shirts : New LOGO- TBD On the order of the cover of Show Premium recommended. Cindy and Janell to attempt to make a template for the T-Shirts. T-shirts to be sold at the show.
- Name Badges. To be worn by all Club Members
- Membership. Vote on new members Robert and Jeanette Ferguson. All members present in favor. Membership Approved.
- Facebook presence: many ”likes” on Facebook with show promotion material. Recommend a contact letter be drafted to send to those ”likes” inviting/encouraging membership and involvement in SLOKC activities.
Next Meeting: Date not Determined. To be at El Camino Vet in North county, following the show.
Close Meeting: Meeting adjourned 8:20P by Shari.
Minute Taker: Secretary Mary Brown