Thank you for your interest in the New School Archives and Special Collections and the Kellen Design Archives. We have compiled the following information to help you prepare for your visit.
Please notify us if you must cancel or if you have to change the time you are scheduled to visit. Our telephone number is 212-229-5942.
If you would like more information about any of the collections listed on our website, please do not hesitate to ask.
Please note the following:
- We are located on the lobby level of 66 Fifth Avenue between 12th and 13th Streets. Bicycle racks are available in front of the building. We are wheelchair accessible.
- You may be required to present valid photographic identification to the security officer and advise that your destination is the Kellen Design Archives. If entering from Fifth Avenue, we are the last door on the left. If entering from 13th Street, proceed up the ramp.
- Please ring the doorbell to your left and an Archives staff member will greet you.
- You will be required to complete an application form prior to using the research collections.
- We may not be able to accommodate photocopying or scanning requests on the same day of your visit. Larger photocopying orders will be mailed to you within two weeks of the request, or available for pick-up. Please note that fragile research material will not be photocopied. Low-resolution JPEG files suitable for reference and projection are available. However, they will not be available on the day of the request. High resolution scans suitable for publication may be available for a fee upon consultation with an archivist. Please be advised we are unable to provide change. We cannot accept credit cards.
- Laptop computers and digital cameras are allowed for recording text and images for research purposes only. We prohibit flash photography; please be sure you know how to turn off the flash on your camera. Permission to publish (including uploading to the Internet) must be requested in writing.
- Dress warmly. The temperature is kept low to help preserve archival materials.
- Thank you and enjoy your visit!