Belmont/Redwood Shores Little League
Manager/Coach Code of Conduct
All managers and coaches, as a condition of their selection and continued service as managers and coaches, must adhere to the following Code of Conduct:
- First and foremost, as Manager or Coach, I will be responsible for creating a positive environment of learning, fun and teamwork.
- I will be knowledgeable of the Belmont / Redwood Shores Little League’s philosophy, goals and rules and I will teach them to my team and ensure that the rules are enforced.
- I understand that use of alcohol, drugs or tobacco at any games or practices is prohibited.
- I will remember that I am a youth baseball coach and that the game is for children and not for adults.
- I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
- I will do my best to provide practices that are fun and challenging for all of my players. I will arrive at least 15 minutes before games and practices and will not leave players unattended after games or practices.
- I will do my best to provide a safe playing environment for my players. For instance, I will make sure that the on-deck position is not permitted.
- I will treat all of my players fairly and with respect at all times. I will not show favoritism to any player.
- I will create and support a positive team attitude toward field maintenance, preservation of equipment, league events and fundraising events.
- I will not address the official(s) of the game inappropriately. If there is an issue or dispute, I will ask the official for a time out and discuss it with him/her calmly and patiently. I understand I may not question umpires’ judgment calls. However, I may ask for clarification, verification and/or question the interpretation of a rule, but only after I calmly request time and I receive permission for time from an umpire.
- I understand that as a Manager, I am responsible for the conduct of the Parents of my Players during the game. I will explain, in a preseason meeting, acceptable Player and Parent behavior and the protocol for inappropriate behavior. I will encourage them to applaud and cheer good plays by either team. I will clearly, forcefully, and directly discourage them from making negative comments or using profanity toward officials, coaches and/or players.
- I will advise parents and/or guardians of the players on my team to be timely and responsible in dropping off and picking up their children and to inform me of any drop off / pick up issues for all practices and games.
- I agree to honor this Little League Managers/Coaches Code of Conduct and will adhere to it. I understand that any infractions may be investigated and violators may be brought before the League’s Disciplinary Board.
Manager/Coach’s Name (please print): __________________________________
Manager/Coach’s Signature: __________________________________________