One Classy Dish Recipe
FETTUCCINE WITH TOMATOES, SPINACH, & FRESH BURRATA
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt, drain.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with a little olive oil. Cut tomatoes in half, arrange them cut side down in skillet. Cook 1-2 minutes or until seared. Stir tomatoes, cook for 30 seconds. Remove tomatoes from pan, set aside.
3. Reduce heat to low. Add olive oil to skillet & swirl to coat. Thinly slice garlic cloves then add red pepper flakes & garlic to skillet, cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant, stir occasionally.
4. Place canned tomatoes in a mini chopper or food processor, process until smooth. Add pureed tomatoes & salt to skillet. Cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove skillet from heat. Add cooked pasta & spinach, toss well until
spinach is slightly wilting.
6. Arrange pasta mixture into 4 bowls. Top each dish with seated tomatoes & 1-2 dollop of burrata cheese. Sprinkle each with fresh ground pepper.
To make this dish whole30 or paleo approved use zucchini noodles or cooked spaghetti squash also remove the cheese. You can add many things to this dish, I made it as close to the recipe as possible. I did use cherry tomatoes in place of grape tomatoes, & like I stated above if you cannot find or do not have burrata cheese you can use fresh mozzarella cheese, or simply to with grated Parmesan. You can add sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, grilled chicken, zucchini, Italian squash, etc. Be creative :)