Covenant Bay Bible Camp
Assistant Cook - Job Description
March 20, 2015
Responsible to: Head Cook
The Assistant Cook will help the head cook prepare meals and snacks, clean kitchen and equipment, serve meals and plan menu’s.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Meals and Menu
- Assist in meal preparation
- Serve Meals
- Assist head cook in menu planning
- Help head cook with cleaning of kitchen including but not limited.
- dishes and utensils
- floors, windows etc.
- Give direction/tips to camp staff helping with cleaning and dishwashing assignments
Meet or exceed Health Standards
- Work with other kitchen staff and volunteers in following safe food handling procedures.
- Work with other kitchen staff and volunteers to ensure kitchen, equipment and food preparation meets or exceeds Public Health and Health Inspection requirements.
- Cooking experience and/or training
- Certificate of Food Handling Course
- The Assistant Cook will work long days helping prepare up to three meals per day plus snack(s).
- The Assistant Cook will have a cabin or trailer to live in through the summer months.
The Assistant Cook will receive 1 day of staff training which will include facility orientation, staff introductions, Covenant Bay’s policy and procedure review, review of compensation and workplace health and safety requirements.