Studio A (Friday 11pm), Studio B (Saturday 11pm), Studio C (Saturday 7pm)
Feature a diverse offering of innovative, original comedic content in various stages of development, fostering the artistic growth of ensembles and individuals while meeting the specific set of audience expectations set forth by the theater (this will vary by show time, series and programming parameters).
Studio acts can expect...
- the opportunity to perform in IB’s 40-seat Studio Theater.
- to dedicate fully to your ensemble, rehearsal process and director.
- to communicate openly and thoroughly with the Artistic Director who can support and guide your production team and is ultimately responsible for the creative success of your show.
- to collaborate openly and thoroughly with the Managing Director with regards to your marking strategy, the theater’s promotional resources, ticket sales and other infrastructural logistics.
- to design and implement a robust marketing strategy that will fill the house for every performance.
- to respect the theater, physical resources and guidance from the tech director and staff
- to support further development and/or production of the show as artistic innovation, ticket sales and overall success merit.
- Please check in with the House Manager prior to each show so they know you are the point person to contact should any issues arise the night of the show
STUDIO SHOWS RECEIVE
- Support from the theater in marketing limited to website promotion, social media mentions, discount codes as appropriate and coordination with the Managing Director.
- A professional tech director for all performances.
- Creative support, consultation and guidance from the Artistic Director as requested.
- Rehearsal space as available (pending classes, resident show rehearsals, etc).
- A well-respected venue to perform, explore and develop as comedy artists.
- 5 comps per show of the run. Submit comps for all ImprovBoston shows through this form by noon on Friday for that weekend’s shows.
- 7PM Studio Shows run 65-75 minutes in length and do not take an intermission
- 11PM Studio Shows run 60 minutes in length and do not take an intermission
Studio shows may not exceed the allotted time out of consideration for our other shows and hard-working front of house staff.