Sharing Your Pet, The Digital Way!
(Or, how to use VitusVet to communicate with a pet care provider)
- Download the VitusVet app:
- Click/Tap these links if viewing on mobile, and download the VitusVet app:
Google Play Store (Android App)
iTunes App Store (iPhone App)
- Navigate to your respective app store on your phone and search for VitusVet. Look for our logo (also at the top of this document) and download the app.
- Create profiles for all your furry (and bald, and scaled, and feathered, etc.) friends:
- Open the VitusVet app and you will see the “My Pets” screen. Tap the orange plus (+) sign in the upper right-hand corner. Fill out the form for your first pet, and don’t forget to add a picture!
- If your veterinary clinic is not in our database as you search, please click “My vet is not listed - Add my Vet” and relay their information.
- When you’re finished, tap save in the upper right-hand corner.
- If your vet has not subscribed to VitusVet’s service, you’ll be asked if you’d like to request your pet’s medical records. If you do, your vet will automatically be contacted and asked to upload a PDF file of the record. This is one of the most important features of the VitusVet app for saving lives in an emergency, and we strongly encourage that everyone take advantage of this option!
- Rinse and repeat for all the household pets!
- Add your care provider to your friends and family list:
Adding people to your friends and family list will allow them to see basic info, receive reminders, read notes, and access medical records of your pet in case of an emergency.
- From the home screen, tap the menu icon in the upper left. Next tap the “My Friends and Family” menu item, and select “Add Family Member.”
- Fill out the form, and make sure the option slider for “They can see my pets” is orange and active. When you’re done, tap the invite button in the upper right.
Friends and family will only have access to your pet’s profile if the slider switch is enabled. If you’d like to remove their access at any time, you can do so by tapping their name in the friends and family menu, adjusting the slider, and tapping save in the upper right.
- Add reminders and notes for the care of your pet:
While you’re waiting for your care provider to accept the invite, set up notes and reminders to keep them aware of Fluffy’s needs!
Reminders will send a notification to the caregiver’s phone at the specified time, while notes must be read within the app.
Reminders often include things like:
- Medication dosing times
- Appointments with pet care professionals (vets/groomers/boarding)
- Basic care, such as repurchasing food/litter
- Anything else you might need! Label it with the “Other” category!
Notes might be a better option for:
- Explaining a complicated care situation, like aggression between two pets
- Reminding a pet sitter where the food is kept in your house
- Leaving a note that your pet brought a blanket and a toy to the boarding facility
- From the home screen, tap the picture of one of your pets and scroll down to see the options to add reminders and notes.
- Tap either option, then the plus (+) sign to add a new note or reminder. Fill in the form as appropriate.
- Tap save in the top right when finished.
Once your care provider accepts your friend request, setup is complete!