Okanogan Chamber of Commerce
October 11, 2016
Ted Reinbold, Leone Reinbold, Richard Rawson, Chanelle Black, Judy Kawahari, Stacey LaDoux, Chris Klemick, Bonnie Rawson, Doug Woodrow, Sam Buchert, Bess Derting, Budd Featherly, Jon Culp, Marie Lassila
Call to Order at 12ish
Treasurer’s report: None
No Minutes from Last Meeting
- Harvest Festival - Pig roast grossed $1,297. Beer garden grossed $1,159. No expenses for pig, really. Just plates and cups. Beer was about $450.
- Beer Garden - not as well attended. Beer left over in cans and kegs. Need a banner that says Beer Garden and maybe some heaters. Better signs to thanks the sponsors. Don’t need to open quite so early.
- Signage for port-a-potties
- Vendors - How many? Don’t know.
- Pig Roast - one pig is good. Ate almost all of it, some leftovers.
- Lawnchair history - well attended.
- Selfie Contest - needs more advertisement for next year.
- Kids activities were very well attended
- Autumn Leaf had about 200 people
- Next year: Heaters, Pig prep party on Friday the night before with mural walk, music and beer.
- Get Lit - November 30th. Street closure is in.
- Chamber Banquet - November 16th at the Flour Mill at 6pm. Dessert Auction. $22/person.
- 2017 Membership Drive - Need to get applications out. How can we get new members? Motion carried to allow free vendor to any member at our three events. Will offer $.50 off per foot for garland. Do both of these at the same time.
- Garland Sales - Selling by preorder only. Pre-cut lengths. What date do orders need to be in by? Order forms should be emailed out. 25’ to sponsor a pole downtown or on the bridget. $1.25/foot for Chamber Members. $1.75/foot for non-members. Talk to the tribe and to the casino.
Speakers and Announcements
November 8, 2016 at noon at El Paraiso
Next meeting of Chamber Board: October 25, 2016 at noon at The Club
Next Meeting Agenda Items
- Follow up with all New Business