Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Meeting
January 12, 2015 at 6:30pm – Beech Street
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission - The Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori Methods, Community-Based educational approaches, and integrated academics (STEAM) to support student academic success, responsibility, and independence.
Montessori Moment – Julie B.
Next Montessori Moment:
- Approval of Previous Minutes
- Motion to adopt agenda (with any needed changes)
- Community Member Forum: Community members may use this time to speak to the board; five minute time cap please. For discussion(s) that may take more time please contact Julie Suckla at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Status of previous meeting’s action items – Tamia
- BOD President (Specific Time – i.e. 6:40 – 6:45)
- Executive Committee Report
- Budget & Financial Oversight Committee (6:45-7:00)
- New Schedule
- Executive Director (7:00-7:15)
- Business Manager (7:15-7:30)
- Additional Committee
- Development Committee (7:30-7:40)
- PTO (7:40-7:45)
- New Business
- Upcoming events
- Re-1 Board of Education Meeting
- Event, Date
- Next BOD meeting
- Review all Action Items – Tamia
- Items for Future Agenda(s) – BOD President
- Executive Session –
- Contract Negotiations