OSM Foundation Management Team meeting

23rd July 2013, 19:00 - 21:15 GMT

AGENDA & MINUTES

Participants

Present: Henk, Paul, Michael, Dermot, Matt, Harry (late)

Unavailable: Douglas, Mikel

Apologies: Andy

Agenda and Minutes

Minutes of previous meeting

June 18th 2013

Proposed: Dermot

Seconded: Michael

Accepted

Open Action Items

20130423-01        Dermot to interview Richard W as a human interest piece to promote CWG’s role and try to encourage people to join.

        Dermot is going to contact Harry to follow up on this item.

        Harry first wanted to have a call for participation out before publishing the interview. In the meantime the invites for interviews has been extended to other WG members.

Dermot has a completed interview of Andy and has a response from Harry. Invitation has been send out to Michael and Paul.

        [Pending]

20130521-02        All to think of ways to recruit more people to WG’s

        Harry has posted a message to osmf-talk

20130618-01        Matt to ask OWG to set up a Redmine instance.
[Done]

20130618-02        Henk will send a message round to all representatives of the WG’s regarding update of WG info on osmf.org
Also check the WG mailinglist whether this is up-to-date.

Highlights Current Status Working Groups

CWG:

DWG:

EWG:

LCWG:

LWG:

OWG:

SotM:

SWG:

SotM Birmingham presentation

We have a slot at SotM to present the WGs (and the rest of the OSMF). Idea is for every WG to have a 5 minute lightning-presentation. A general recruitment call and a call for membership of OSMF.

A short discussion on further details.

DMCA

From the Board:

"The LWG has prepared a policy document on how to deal with DMCA takedown requests.

https://docs.google.com/a/osmfoundation.org/document/d/1YrbVQMpPiGyA5o_AW1HVX8Yd5e7iGgv2P7UfBdIC5bo/edit#

Board unanimously decides that Management Team should review this this document and empowers Management Team to put it in force once they are happy with it. Board feels that being open about DMCA requests is preferable but this should be subject to discussion at MT level."

Action: Mike to check status of legal counsel about having requests openly published.

Action: Mike (and Paul) to do some general blocking work

Second half 2013

Where to focus on the next half year.

Regarding the search of the MT Chairman

- Can the role of the chairman be split in 2.

- Matt to contact Andy

- Harry to contact RichardW

- Mike to think things over

We need to start working on the half year Action Plans for 2014

- aim to deliver by 1 Oct.

Theme of transparency

AOB

- Paul: Action to Mike to share the “Information for officials and diplomats of countries and entities with disputed territories” document with Management and for comments from other WG like DWG

- Dermot: Future of SWG: Dermot will send draft a set of thoughts on how the SWG can continue (with a possible joining of the grass-root Future Group)

Action: Harry to find out the current status of the server-donation drive

Funding Working Group

Currently, the working groups have budget approval up to a limit, and are expected to raise any funds necessary beyond that. It is generally felt that this responsibility - “budget responsibility” - is beneficial for WG planning and running. However, it is also recognised that a central WG which is able to build relationships with potential donors, and have a coherent view of the situation w.r.t donors, would be better than the current situation, which is considerably confused. We recognise some pros and cons. Further consideration needed.

Next meeting

August 20th  2013, 8pm BST

Meeting End

Meeting ended at 21:13 GMT