Springfit Child Protection Policy Statement
Springfit is committed to ensuring that all members and service users who take part in their activities have a safe and positive experience. They are committed to developing and implementing policies and procedures which ensure that everyone knows and accepts their responsibility in relation to a duty of care for young people. Springfit recognises that it is not the responsibility of those individuals working within the organisation to determine if abuse has taken place, but it is their responsibility to act upon and report any concerns.
If any person within Springfit has a doubt to this policy’s relevance to their role and duties then please contact Shirley Clark the Child Welfare Officer.
Springfit and those involved with the organisation will abide by the following principles and statements:
- All young people and vulnerable adults within Springfit, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability or disability, have the right to be protected.
- All people participating in physical activities have a right to do so in a safe environment.
- Adults working at Springfit will provide a safe, positive and fun sporting experience for all young people and adult care users.
- Adults – volunteers, coaches and officials will understand and be supported in their role and responsibility with regard to the Duty of Care for young people.
- All suspicions and allegations will be taken seriously, managed and dealt with swiftly and appropriately.
- It is the responsibility of the child protection experts to determine whether or not abuse has taken place, but it is the responsibility of all those working within Springfit to report any concerns.
- The management committee will assist coaches, volunteers and officials to remain up-to-date with the latest Child Protection issues.
- The management committee will appoint a Child Welfare Officer whose role is to be responsible for issues concerning child welfare.
- Springfit club will carry out regular risk assessments to ensure the safety of all members.
Springfit Gymnastics and Trampoline Club
Company No. 6348694
VAT Registration No. 152736509
Registered address: 7 church walk, horley, surrey RH6 7EE
Telephone: 0203 478 0203