Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- 15 oz can pumpkin
- 2 Cups sugar
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tablespoons milk
- Beat together the pumpkin, sugar, and oil.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and gradually add to the pumpkin mixture, beating until well blended.
- Pour into a greased jelly roll pan (10x15 inches)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Add vanilla and blend.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and mix well.
- Add the milk a little at a time until you reach the desired consistency. (the icing should be thick, but spreadable. Start with two tablespoons and you can always add more.)
- Spread icing evenly over cake.