Veterans Park Elementary School
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
- Supervision in the building begins at 8:15.
- Students may be dropped off between 8:15 -8:45.
- Upon arrival, students will proceed to the cafeteria or the gym. At 8:30 students will proceed to their morning rotation location.
- Students arriving at 8:30 or later will go directly to the morning rotation location. (See included map)
- Breakfast is served beginning at 8:15. Any student having breakfast should go directly into the cafeteria.
- Students arriving after 8:50 are considered tardy and must report to the office for a late pass.
- We ask that all visitors please sign in at the office upon entering and get a visitor/volunteer badge.
Phone Calls/Notes/Change in Dismissal Routine
- We ask that parents send a note about any change in dismissal routine rather than calling the school. If plans change during the day please call the school before 2:30 to ensure the message is delivered to the classroom before end of the day announcements are made.
- Dismissal begins at 2:58.
- Walkers will exit through Door A and must have Walker badge (See below)
- Pick- up students are dismissed to the back hallway by Door C (See map)
- Authorized adults should enter the building at Door C and meet the child in the hallway.
- Parent and child will walk down the hallway and exit the building through Door A.
- There will be no dismissals made from the office at regular dismissal time.
Walkers and Pick Ups
Children who will be picked up from school daily must have a note on the first day of school stating they will be picked up for the remainder of the school year. Children who will be walking home from school must have a walker badge. Please notify the office in writing on the first day of school if your child is going to be a walker each day.