Veterans Park Elementary School
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
- Supervision in the building begins at 8:15.
- Students may be dropped off between 8:15 -8:45.
- Upon arrival, students will proceed to the playground for morning recess.
- Breakfast is served beginning at 8:15. Any student having breakfast should go directly into the cafeteria.
- Students arriving after 8:55 are considered tardy and must report to the office for a late pass.
- All visitors must sign in at the office upon entering and get a visitor/volunteer badge.
Change in Dismissal Routine
- We ask that parents fill out our ELECTRONIC DISMISSAL FORM for any changes to regular dismissal routines rather than calling the school. This form can be filled out until 2:30PM the day of dismissal. If plans change after 2:00PM, please call the school. The electronic form can always be found on our school website.
- Dismissal begins at 2:58.
- Walkers will exit through Door A and must have Walker badge (See map attached)
- Pick-up students are dismissed to the back hallway by Door C (See map attached)
- Authorized adults should enter the building at Door C and meet the child in the hallway.
- Parent and child will walk down the hallway and exit the building through Door A.
- There will be no dismissals made from the office at regular dismissal time.
Walkers and Pick Ups
Children who will be picked up from school daily and children who will be walking home from school must notify the office using the DISMISSAL PLAN FOR 2018-2019 form prior to the first day of school if your child is going to be picked up or will be a walker each day. Children who walk must have a walker badge each day to exit the building. NO STUDENTS WILL BE ALLOWED TO WALK TO THE PARKING LOT. ALL WALKERS MUST BE ABLE TO WALK OFF THE PROPERTY INDEPENDENTLY.