Effective Date: January 5, 2017.
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. IT SETS FORTH THE LEGALLY BINDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE.
Introduction and Overview
It is important that you read these entire Terms; but to help facilitate your review, here are some of the more significant terms we want to bring to your initial attention that are further detailed below. Capitalized terms have the meanings given to them where defined in these Terms.
- Each time you use the Service, the Terms and any Additional Terms (defined below) then posted apply so you should check back each time you return for any updates.
- You may only use the Content (defined below) on the Service in connection with your permitted activities on the Service and not in an offline environment or in connection with another site or service. (Section 1 and Section 3 You automatically grant us a license to content you submit or post. (Section 2 )
- Individual licenses are not transferrable. (Section 1.C)
- As permitted by law, many types of disputes that may arise in connection with your access to and use of the Service may be subject to mandatory arbitration – which includes your waiver of a right to a jury trial. (Section 12 )
- We are providing the Service to you on an "as-is" basis, without any warranty of any kind, and our liability to you in connection with your use of the Service is very limited. Many other limitations and disclaimers relate to your use of the Service. (Section 14 and Section 15 )
If You Want to Use The Service,
then carefully read these Terms (including all links to details), as they constitute a written agreement between you and us and they affect your legal rights and obligations. If you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, you may use the Service only with involvement of a parent or guardian who agrees to these Terms and to be responsible for your use.
Each time you access and/or use the Service (other than to simply read these Terms), you agree to be bound by and comply with the Terms and any Additional Terms (defined below) then posted. Therefore, do not use the Service if you do not agree.
The business realities associated with operating the Service are such that, without the limitations that are set forth in these Terms – such as your grants and waivers of rights, the limitations on our liability, your indemnity of us, and our arbitration of certain disputes – we would not make the Service available to you.
- Service Content, Ownership, Limited License, and Rights of Others
- Content. The Service contains a variety of: (i) materials and other items relating to Marvelous Mind Academy and its products and services, and similar items from our licensors and other third parties, including all layout, information, text, data, files, images, scripts, designs, graphics, button icons, instructions, illustrations, photographs, articles, books, audio clips, music, sounds, pictures, videos, advertising copy, URLs, technology, software, interactive features, the "look and feel" of the Service, and the compilation, assembly, and arrangement of the materials of the Service and any and all copyrightable material (including source and object code); (ii) trademarks, logos, trade names, service marks, and trade identities of various parties, including those of Marvelous Mind Academy (collectively, "Trademarks"); and (iii) other forms of intellectual property (all of the foregoing, collectively "Content").
- Ownership. The Service (including past, present, and future versions) and the Content are owned or controlled by Marvelous Mind Academy and our licensors and certain other third parties. All right, title, and interest in and to the Content available via the Service is the property of Marvelous Mind Academy or our licensors or certain other third parties, and is protected by U.S., Canadian and international copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property rights and laws to the fullest extent possible. Marvelous Mind Acadmey owns the copyright in the selection, compilation, assembly, arrangement, and enhancement of the Content on the Service.
- Limited License. Subject to your strict compliance with these Terms and the Additional Terms, Marvelous Mind Academy grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to: (i) download (temporary storage only), display, view, use and/or play the Content (excluding source and object code in raw form or otherwise, other than as made available to access and use to enable display and functionality) on a personal computer, mobile phone or other wireless device, or other Internet enabled device (each, a "Device") and/or print one copy of the Content for your personal, non-commercial use only, and (ii) to use certain Content that we may from time to time make available on the Service explicitly for you for use as part of your User-Generated Content (defined below) ("Marvelous Mind Academy Licensed Elements"), but only for such purposes as may be explicitly stated at the time that the Marvelous Mind Academy’s Licensed Elements are made available on the Service; but we and our licensors and certain other third parties, as the case may be, retain ownership of such Marvelous Mind Academy’s Licensed Elements. A License Manager may obtain multiple individual licenses and assign them to individuals in the License Manager's organization as more fully set forth in Section 4.C. The foregoing limited license (i) does not give you any ownership of, or any other intellectual property interest in, any Content, and (ii) may be immediately suspended or terminated for any reason, in Marvelous Mind Academy's sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability. In some instances, we may permit you to have greater access to and use of Content and/or Marvelous Mind Academy Licensed Elements, subject to certain Additional Terms.
- Rights of Others. In using the Service, you must respect the intellectual property and other rights of Marvelous Mind Academy and others. Your unauthorized use of Content may violate copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, communications, and other laws, and any such use may result in your personal liability, including potential criminal liability. Marvelous Mind Academy respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been infringed by means of an improper posting or distribution of it via the Service, then please see Section 5 and Section 6 below.
- Content You Submit and Community Usage Rules
- User-Generated Content.
- General. Marvelous Mind Academy may now or in the future offer users of the Service the opportunity to create, build, post, upload, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, or otherwise make available on or submit through the Service (collectively, "submit") messages, avatars, text, illustrations, files, images, articles, books, course materials, graphics, photos, comments, responses, sounds, music, videos, information, content, ratings, reviews, data, questions, suggestions, personally identifiable information, or other information or materials and the ideas contained therein (collectively, but excluding Marvelous Mind Academy Licensed Elements included therein, "User-Generated Content"). Marvelous Mind Academy may allow you to do this through your Profile Page (defined below), forums, blogs, message boards, social networking environments, content, creation tools, gameplay, social communities, e-mail, and other communications functionality. Subject to the rights and license you grant in these Terms, you retain whatever legally cognizable right, title, and interest that you have in your User-Generated Content.
In your communications with Marvelous Mind Academy, please keep in mind that we do not seek any unsolicited ideas or materials for products or services, or even suggested improvements to products or services, including, without limitations, ideas, concepts, inventions, or designs for music, websites, apps, software, books, scripts, screenplays, motion pictures, television shows, theatrical productions, or otherwise (collectively, "Unsolicited Ideas and Materials"). Any Unsolicited Ideas and Materials you post on or send to us via the Service are deemed User-Generated Content and licensed to us as set forth below. In addition, Marvelous Mind Academy retains all of the rights held by members of the general public with regard to your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials. Marvelous Mind Academy's receipt of your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials is not an admission by Marvelous Mind Academy of their novelty, priority, or originality, and it does not impair Marvelous Mind Academy's right to contest existing or future intellectual property rights relating to your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials.
- License to Marvelous Mind Academy of Your User-Generated Content. Except as otherwise described in any applicable Additional Terms (such as a contest's official rules), which specifically govern the submission of your User-Generated Content, you hereby grant to Marvelous Mind Academy, and you agree to grant to Marvelous Mind Academy, the non-exclusive, unrestricted, unconditional, unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, and cost-free right and license to use, copy, record, distribute, reproduce, disclose, sell, re-sell, sublicense (through multiple levels), display, publicly perform, transmit, publish, broadcast, translate, make derivative works of, and otherwise use and exploit in any manner whatsoever, all or any portion of your User-Generated Content (and derivative works thereof), for any purpose whatsoever in all formats, on or through any means or medium now known or hereafter developed, and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed, and to advertise, market, and promote the same. Without limitation, the granted rights include the right to: (a) configure, host, index, cache, archive, store, digitize, compress, optimize, modify, reformat, edit, adapt, publish in searchable format, and remove such User-Generated Content and combine same with other materials, and (b) use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any User-Generated Content for any purposes whatsoever, including developing, producing, and marketing products and/or services. In order to further affect the rights and license that you grant to Marvelous Mind Academy to your User-Generated Content, you also hereby grant to Marvelous Mind Academy, and agree to grant to Marvelous Mind Academy, the unconditional, perpetual, irrevocable right to use and exploit your name, persona, and likeness in connection with any User-Generated Content, without any obligation or remuneration to you. Except as prohibited by law, you hereby waive, and you agree to waive, any moral rights (including attribution and integrity) that you may have in any User-Generated Content, even if it is altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you. To the extent not waivable, you irrevocably agree not to exercise such rights (if any) in a manner that interferes with any exercise of the granted rights. You understand that you will not receive any fees, sums, consideration, or remuneration for any of the rights granted in this Section 2.A(iii).
- Marvelous Mind Academy’s Exclusive Right to Manage Our Service. Marvelous Mind Academy may, but will not have any obligation to, review, monitor, display, post, store, maintain, accept, or otherwise make use of, any of your User-Generated Content, and Marvelous Mind Academy may, in its sole discretion, reject, delete, move, re-format, remove or refuse to post or otherwise make use of User-Generated Content without notice or any liability to you or any third party in connection with our operation of User-Generated Content venues in an appropriate manner. Without limitation, we may do so to address content that comes to our attention that we believe is offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, threatening, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate, or to enforce the rights of third parties or these Terms or any applicable Additional Terms, including without limitation, the content restrictions set forth below in the Rules (defined in Section 2.B. Such User-Generated Content submitted by you or others need not be maintained on the Service by us for any period of time and you will not have the right, once submitted, to access, archive, maintain, or otherwise use such User-Generated Content on the Service or elsewhere.
- Representations and Warranties Related to Your User-Generated Content. Each time you submit any User-Generated Content, you represent and warrant that you are at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside and are the parent or legal guardian, or have all proper consents from the parent or legal guardian, of any minor who is depicted in or contributed to any User-Generated Content you submit, and that, as to that User-Generated Content, (a) you are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property and other rights to the User-Generated Content, or you have a lawful right to submit the User-Generated Content and grant Marvelous Mind Academy the rights to it that you are granting by these Terms and any Additional Terms, all without any Marvelous Mind Academy obligation to obtain consent of any third party and without creating any obligation or liability of Marvelous Mind Academy; (b) the User-Generated Content is accurate; (c) the User-Generated Content does not and, as to Marvelous Mind Academy's permitted uses and exploitation set forth in these Terms, will not infringe any intellectual property or other right of any third party; and (d) the User-Generated Content will not violate these Terms (including the Rules) or any Additional Terms, or cause injury or harm to any person.
- Enforcement. Marvelous Mind Academy has no obligation to monitor or enforce your intellectual property rights to your User-Generated Content, but you grant us the right to protect and enforce our rights to your User-Generated Content, including by bringing and controlling actions in your name and on your behalf (at Marvelous Mind Academy's cost and expense, to which you hereby consent and irrevocably appoint Marvelous Mind Academy as your attorney-in-fact, with the power of substitution and delegation, which appointment is coupled with an interest).
- Community Usage Rules. As a user of the Service, these Community Usage Rules ("Rules") are here to help you understand the conduct that is expected of members of the Service's online communities ("Communities").
- Nature of Rules. Your participation in the Communities is subject to all of the Terms, including these Rules:
- Your User-Generated Content. All of your User-Generated Content either must be original with you or you must have all necessary rights in it from third parties in order to permit you to comply with these Terms and any Additional Terms. Your User-Generated Content should not contain any visible logos, phrases, or trademarks that belong to third parties. Do not use any User-Generated Content that belongs to other people and pass it off as your own; this includes any content that you might have found elsewhere on the Internet. If anyone contributes to your User-Generated Content or has any rights to your User-Generated Content, or if anyone appears or is referred to in the User-Generated Content, then you must also have their permission to submit such User-Generated Content to Marvelous Mind Academy. (For example, if someone has taken a picture of you and your friend, and you submit that photo to Marvelous Mind Academy as your User-Generated Content, then you must obtain your friend's and the photographer's permission to do so.)
- Speaking of Photos: No Pictures, Videos, or Images of Anyone Other Than You and Your Friends and Family. If you choose to submit photos to the Service, link to embedded videos, or include other images of real people, then make sure they are of you or of you and someone you know – and only if you have their express permission to submit it.
- Act Appropriately. All of your Service activities must be venue appropriate, as determined by us. Be respectful of others' opinions and comments so we can continue to build Communities for everyone to enjoy. If you think your User-Generated Content might offend someone or be embarrassing to someone, then chances are it probably will and it doesn't belong on the Service. Cursing, harassing, stalking, insulting comments, personal attacks, gossip, and similar actions are prohibited. Your User-Generated Content must not threaten, abuse, or harm others, and it must not include any negative comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or physical handicap. Your User-Generated Content must not be defamatory, slanderous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, or sexually explicit.
- Do Not Use for Commercial or Political Purposes. Your User-Generated Content must not advertise or promote a product or service or other commercial activity, or a politician, public servant, or law.
- Do Not Use for Inappropriate Purposes. Your User-Generated Content must not promote any infringing, illegal, or other similarly inappropriate activity.
- Be Honest and Do Not Misrepresent Yourself or Your User-Generated Content. Do not impersonate any other person, user, or company, and do not submit User-Generated Content that you believe may be false, fraudulent, deceptive, inaccurate, or misleading, or that misrepresents your identity or affiliation with a person or company.
- Others Can See. We hope that you will use the Communities to exchange information and content and have venue appropriate discussions with other members. However, please remember that the Communities are public or semi-public and User-Generated Content that you submit on the Service within a Community may be accessible and viewable by other users. Do not submit personally identifying information (e.g., first and last name together, password, phone number, address, credit card number, medical information, e-mail address, or other personally identifiable information or contact information) on Community spaces and take care when disclosing this type of information to others.
- Don't Share Other People's Personal Information. Your User-Generated Content should not reveal another person's address, phone number, e-mail address, social security number, credit card number, medical information, financial information, or any other information that may be used to identify, track, contact, or impersonate that individual, unless, and in the form and by the method, specifically requested by Marvelous Mind Academy.
- Don't Damage the Service or Anyone's Computers or Other Devices. Your User-Generated Content must not submit viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, or any other technologies or malicious code that could impact the operation of the Service or any computer or other Device.
If you submit User-Generated Content that Marvelous Mind Academy reasonably believes violates these Rules, then we may take any legally available action that we deem appropriate, in our sole discretion. However, we are not obligated to take any action not required by law. We may require at any time, proof of the permissions referred to above in a form acceptable to us. Failure to provide such proof may lead to, among other things, the User-Generated Content in question being removed from the Service.
- Your Interactions With Other Users; Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. Exercise common sense and your best judgment in your interactions with others (e.g., when you submit any personal or other information) and in all of your other online activities.
- Alerting Us of Violations. If you discover any content that violates these Terms, then you may report it to: email@example.com. For alleged infringements of intellectual property rights, see Section 5 and Section 6, below.
- Service and Content Use Restrictions
- Service Use Restrictions.
You agree that you will not: (i) use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing any Marvelous Mind Academy Trademarks or trade names; (ii) engage in any activities through or in connection with the Service that seek to attempt to or do harm any individuals or entities or are unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party, or are otherwise objectionable to Marvelous Mind Academy; (iii) to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, reverse assemble, or modify any Service source or object code or any software or other products, services, or processes accessible through any portion of the Service; (iv) engage in any activity that interferes with a user's access to the Service or the proper operation of the Service, or otherwise causes harm to the Service, Marvelous Mind Academy, or other users of the Service; (v) interfere with or circumvent any security feature of the Service or any feature that restricts or enforces limitations on use of or access to the Service, the Content, or the User-Generated Content; (vi) harvest or otherwise collect or store any information (including personally identifiable information about other users of the Service, including e-mail addresses, without the express consent of such users); (vii) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, other computer systems or networks connected to the Service, through password mining or any other means; or (viii) otherwise violate these Terms or any Additional Terms.
- Content Use Restrictions.
You also agree that, in using the Service: (i) you will not monitor, gather, copy, or distribute the Content (except as may be a result of standard search engine activity or use of a standard browser) on the Service by using any robot, rover, "bot", spider, scraper, crawler, spyware, engine, device, software, extraction tool, or any other automatic device, utility, or manual process of any kind; (ii) you will not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any such Content (including any images, text, or page layout); (iii) you will keep intact all Trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property notices contained in such Content; (iv) you will not use such Content in a manner that suggests an unauthorized association with any of our or our licensors' products, services, or brands; (v) you will not make any modifications to such Content; (vi) you will not copy, modify, reproduce, archive, sell, lease, rent, exchange, create derivative works from, publish by hard copy or electronic means, publicly perform, display, disseminate, distribute, broadcast, retransmit, circulate or transfer to any third party or on any third-party application or web site, or otherwise use or exploit such Content in any way for any purpose except as specifically permitted by these Terms or any Additional Terms or with the prior written consent of an officer of Marvelous Mind Academy or, in the case of Content from a licensor, the owner of the Content; and (vii) you will not insert any code or product to manipulate such Content in any way that adversely affects any user experience.
- Availability of Service and Content.
Marvelous Mind Academy may immediately suspend or terminate the availability of the Service and Content (and any elements and features of them), in whole or in part, for any reason, in Marvelous Mind Academy’s sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability.
- Reservation of All Rights Not Granted as to Content and Service.
These Terms and any Additional Terms include only narrow, limited grants of rights to Content and to use and access the Service. No right or license may be construed, under any legal theory, by implication, estoppel, industry custom, or otherwise. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by Marvelous Mind Academy and its licensors and other third parties. Any unauthorized use of any Content or the Service for any purpose is prohibited.
- Accounts, Profiles and License Managers
Portions of the Service may permit access through multi-user Accounts. If so, and if you use the Service under a multi-user Account, your use may be subject to Additional Terms, and your Service activities and related information may be made available to the master Account holder and/or license manager. See Section 4.C for more information.
If you register for any feature that requires a password and/or username, then you will select your own password at the time of registration (or we may send you an e-mail notification with a randomly generated initial password) and you agree that: (i) You will not use a username (or e-mail address) that is already being used by someone else, may impersonate another person, belongs to another person, violates the intellectual property or other right of any person or entity, or is offensive. We may reject the use of any password, username, or e-mail address for any other reason in our sole discretion; (ii) You will provide true, accurate, current, and complete registration information about yourself in connection with the registration process and, as permitted, to maintain and update it, including on your Profile Page (if applicable), continuously and promptly to keep it accurate, current, and complete; (iii) You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account, password, and username – whether or not you authorized the activity; (iv) You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for restricting access to your Device so that others may not access any password protected portion of the Service using your name, username, or password; (v) You will immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Account, password, or username, or any other breach of security; and (vi) You will not sell, transfer, or assign your Account or any Account rights.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage (of any kind and under any legal theory) to you or any third party arising from your inability or failure for any reason to comply with any of the foregoing obligations.
If any information that you provide, or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that any information that you provide, is false, inaccurate, outdated, incomplete, or violates these Terms, any Additional Terms, or any applicable law, then we may suspend or terminate your Account. We also reserve the more general and broad right to terminate your account or suspend or otherwise deny you access to it or its benefits – all in our sole discretion, for any reason, and without advance notice or liability.
- Profiles. We may offer you the opportunity to create a unique personal profile (the "Profile Page"), which will allow you to find and communicate with other users of the Service. Your Profile Page may not include any form of prohibited User-Generated Content, as outlined in Section 2.A above and in our Rules. Without limiting the foregoing, Profile Pages may not include content that you are attempting to sell through the Service, and cannot be used to conduct commercial activities, including, but not limited to, transactions, advertising, fundraising, contests or other promotions absent our prior written consent. We may offer you the ability to set preferences relating to your Account, Profile Page and/or Service activities, but such settings may not become effective immediately or be error free, and options may change from time-to-time. We assume no responsibility or liability for users' profile material.
Profile Pages may only be set up by an authorized representative of the individual that is the subject of the Profile Page. We do not review Profile Pages to determine if they were created by an appropriate party, and we are not responsible for any unauthorized Profile Pages that may appear on the Service. If there is any dispute as to whether a Profile Page has been created or is being maintained by an authorized representative of the individual who is the subject of that Profile Page, then we shall have the sole right, but are not obligated, to resolve such dispute as we determine is appropriate in our sole discretion. Such resolution may include, without limitation, deleting or disabling access to Profile Pages, or any portion thereof, at any time without notice.
- Multi-User Accounts. Portions of the Service may permit access through a multi-user Account. Such access would enable the purchaser to obtain a multi-user license, whereupon your Service Account would be given special access and permission rights to allow a certain number of specific, individual users to access and use the Service under your master Account. Such individual users will still be required to register and accept these Terms, but their license and Account will be contingent upon your continued designation of such individual as one of your multi-user Account users. A multi-user Account may require the designation of a license manager. The license manager is the only individual permitted to invite others to access the Service under that multi-user Account. If you access the Service through a multi-user Account, your use may be subject to Additional Terms, and your Service activities and related information may be made available to other Account users, the master Account holder and/or the license manager.
- Procedure For Alleging Copyright Infringement
- DMCA Notice. Marvelous Mind Academy will respond appropriately to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), as set forth below. If you own a copyright in a work (or represent such a copyright owner) and believe that your (or such owner's) copyright in that work has been infringed by an improper posting or distribution of it via the Service, then you may send us a written notice that includes all of the following:
- a legend or subject line that says: "DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice";
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing or is the subject of infringing activity is located that is reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material (please include the URL of the Service on which the material appears);
- your full name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that all the information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner (or, if you are not the copyright owner, then your statement must indicate that you are authorized to act on the behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed); and
- your electronic or physical signature.
Marvelous Mind Academy will only respond to DMCA Notices that it receives by mail, e-mail, or facsimile at the addresses below:
By Mail: Marvelous Mind Academy, LLC, P.O. Box 24965, Rochester, New York 14624; Attn: Marvelous Mind Academy Agent/Legal
By E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Facsimile: (585) 210-8554
It is often difficult to determine if your copyright has been infringed. Marvelous Mind Academy may elect to not respond to DMCA Notices that do not substantially comply with all of the foregoing requirements, and Marvelous Mind Academy may elect to remove allegedly infringing material that comes to its attention via notices that do not substantially comply with the DMCA.
Please note that the DMCA provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
We may send the information that you provide in your notice to the person who provided the allegedly infringing work. That person may elect to send us a DMCA Counter-Notification.
Without limiting Marvelous Mind Academy's other rights, Marvelous Mind Academy may, in appropriate circumstances, terminate a repeat infringer's access to the Service and any other web site owned or operated by Marvelous Mind Academy. See Section 4 above.
- Counter-Notification. If access on the Service to a work that you submitted to Marvelous Mind Academy is disabled or the work is removed as a result of a DMCA Notice, and if you believe that the disabled access or removal is the result of mistake or misidentification, then you may send us a DMCA Counter-Notification to the addresses above. Your DMCA Counter-Notification should contain the following information:
- a legend or subject line that says: "DMCA Counter-Notification";
- a description of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled (please include the URL of the Service from which the material was removed or access to it disabled);
- a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- your full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and the username of your Account;
- a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or, if the address is located outside the U.S.A., to the jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the Central District of California), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided DMCA notification to us or an agent of such person; and
- your electronic or physical signature.
Please note that the DMCA provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed of disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
If we receive a DMCA Counter-Notification, then we may replace the material that we removed (or stop disabling access to it) in not less than ten (10) and not more than fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the DMCA Counter-Notification. However, we will not do this if we first receive notice at the addresses above that the party who sent us the DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice has filed a lawsuit asking a court for an order restraining the person who provided the material from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Service. You should also be aware that we may forward the Counter-Notification to the party who sent us the DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice.
- Procedure For Alleging Infringement of Other Intellectual Property
If you own intellectual property other than copyrights and believe that your intellectual property has been infringed by an improper posting or distribution of it via the Service, then you may send us a written notice to the addresses set forth above that includes all of the following:
- a legend or subject line that says: "Intellectual Property Infringement Notice";
- a description of the intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing or is the subject of infringing activity is located that is reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material (please include the URL of the Service on which the material appears);
- your full name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the owner of the intellectual property, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that all the information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the owner of the intellectual property at issue (or, if you are not the owner, then your statement must indicate that you are authorized to act on the behalf of the owner of the intellectual property that is allegedly infringed); and
- your electronic or physical signature.
We will act on such notices in our sole discretion. Any user of the Service that fails to respond satisfactorily to Marvelous Mind Academy with regard to any such notice is subject to suspension or termination. We may send the information that you provide in your notice to the person who provided the allegedly infringing material.
- Notice, Questions and Customer Service
You agree that: (1) we may give you notices of new, revised or changed terms and other important matters by prominently posting notice on the homepage of the Service, or in another reasonable manner; and (2) we may contact you by mail or e-mail sent to the address provided by you. You agree to promptly notify us if you change your e-mail or mailing address. All legal notices to us must be sent to email@example.com.
If you have a question regarding using the Service, you may contact Marvelous Mind Academy Customer Support by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, writing us at Marvelous Mind Academy, P.O. Box 24965, Rochester, NY 14624, or calling us at: (585) 210-8554. You acknowledge that the provision of customer support is at Marvelous Mind Academy’s sole discretion and that we have no obligation to provide you with customer support of any kind. We may provide you with customer support from time to time, at our sole discretion, provided that you have created an Account and that you submit your customer support inquiries using such Account.
- Terms Applicable to Purchases on the Service
- Generally. We may make products and/or services available for purchase on our Service, subject to applicable Additional Terms. To purchase any products and/or services on our Service, you must be at least the applicable age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence.
- Methods of Payment, Credit Card Terms and Taxes. All payments must be made by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express or any additional form of payment method we may from time-to-time specify. Your card issuer agreement governs your use of your designated card, and you must refer to that agreement and not these Terms to determine your rights and liabilities as a cardholder. You hereby represent and warrant that you will not use any credit card or other form of payment unless you have all necessary legal authorization to do so. You agree to pay all fees and charges incurred in connection with your purchases (including any applicable taxes) at the rates in effect when the charges were incurred. Unless you notify Marvelous Mind Academy of any discrepancies within sixty (60) days after they first appear on your credit card statement, you agree that they will be deemed accepted by you for all purposes, unless otherwise required by applicable law. If Marvelous Mind Academy does not receive payment from your credit card issuer or its agent, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by Marvelous Mind Academy or its agents.
- Order Acceptance Policy. Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. Subject to applicable law, Marvelous Mind Academy reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. Marvelous Mind Academy further reserves the right any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item. Your order will be deemed accepted by Marvelous Mind Academy upon our delivery of products or services that you have ordered. We may require additional verifications or information before accepting any order. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you agree that, if we cancel all or a portion of your order or if we provide you less than the quantity you ordered, your sole and exclusive remedy is either that: (a) we will issue a credit in the amount charged for the cancelled portion or the quantity not provided (if you have already been charged for the order); or (b) we will not charge you for the cancelled portion of the order or the quantity not provided. Do not assume that a cancellation or change of an order you have placed with Marvelous Mind Academy has been effected until you receive a confirmation from Marvelous Mind Academy via e-mail or the Service. As stated above, you will be responsible for, and your credit card or third-party payment account may be charged for, the payment of all fees associated with orders already processed or shipped before your cancellation/change request or a request to terminate your Account was received.
- No Responsibility to Sell Mispriced Products or Services. We do our best to describe every product or service offered on this Service as accurately as possible. However, we are human, and therefore we do not warrant that product specifications, pricing, or other content on the Service is complete, accurate, reliable, current, or error-free. In the event of any errors relating to the pricing or specifications of any item, product or service, Marvelous Mind Academy shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders in its sole discretion. If we charged your credit card prior to cancellation, we will issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge. Additional terms may apply. If a product you purchased from Marvelous Mind Academy is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition, complete and undamaged, in the original packaging.
- Modifications to Prices or Billing Terms. The purchase of products and services on the Service is subject to availability. PRODUCTS AND SERVICES DISPLAYED ON THE SERVICE MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES AND MAY BE SUBSTITUTED OR DISCONTINUED AT ANY TIME. Marvelous Mind Academy RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ANY TIME, TO CHANGE ITS PRICES AND BILLING METHODS FOR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING ON THE SERVICE OR BY E-MAIL DELIVERY TO YOU.
- Links By You To the Service
We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to create hyperlinks to the Service, so long as: (a) the links only incorporate text, and do not use any trademarked logos or graphics that are owned by or licensed to Marvelous Mind Academy, (b) the links and the content on your web site do not suggest any affiliation with Marvelous Mind Academy or cause any other confusion, and (c) the links and the content on your web site do not portray Marvelous Mind Academy or its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter, and do not contain content that is unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party or are otherwise objectionable to Marvelous Mind Academy. Marvelous Mind Academy reserves the right to suspend or prohibit linking to the Service for any reason, in its sole discretion, without advance notice or any liability of any kind to you or any third party.
- Third-Party Sites; Advertisements; Dealings with Third Parties
- Third-Party Content and Sites; Advertisements. The Service may contain links to third-party sites that are not owned, controlled or operated by Marvelous Mind Academy, and the Service may also include third-party ads, tools and or other content on the Service that link to third-party sites (collectively, "Third-Party Sites"), including services operated by advertisers, licensors, licensees, and certain other third parties who may have business relationships with Marvelous Mind Academy. This may include the ability to register or sign in to our Services using Facebook Connect or other third party tools, and to post content on third party sites and services using their plug-ins made available on our Services. We may also host our content, apps and tools on Third-Party Sites. Marvelous Mind Academy may have no control over the content, operations, policies, terms, or other elements of Third-Party Sites, and Marvelous Mind Academy does not assume any obligation to review any Third-Party Sites. Marvelous Mind Academy does not endorse, approve, or sponsor any Third-Party Sites, or any third-party content, advertising, information, materials, products, services, or other items. Furthermore, Marvelous Mind Academy is not responsible for the quality or delivery of the products or services offered, accessed, obtained by or advertised at such sites. Finally, Marvelous Mind Academy will under no circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or special loss or other damage, whether arising from negligence, breach of contract, defamation, infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights, caused by the exhibition, distribution or exploitation of any information or content contained within these Third-Party Sites. Any activities in which you engage in connection with any of the same are subject to the privacy and other policies, terms and conditions of use and/or sale, and rules issued by the operator of the Third-Party Sites. Marvelous Mind Academy disclaims all liability in connection therewith.
- Dealings with Third Parties. Any interactions, correspondence, transactions, and other dealings that you have with any third parties found on or through the Service (including on or via Third-Party Sites) are solely between you and the third party (including issues related to content, payments, delivery of goods, warranties (including product warranties), privacy and data security, and the like). Marvelous Mind Academy disclaims all liability in connection therewith.
- Wireless and Location-Based Features
- Wireless Features. The Service may offer certain features and services that are available to you via your wireless Device. These features and services may include the ability to access the Service's features and upload content to the Service, receive messages from the Service, and download applications to your wireless Device (collectively, "Wireless Features"). Standard messaging, data, and other fees may be charged by your carrier to participate in Wireless Features. Fees and charges may appear on your wireless bill or be deducted from your prepaid balance. Your carrier may prohibit or restrict certain Wireless Features and certain Wireless Features may be incompatible with your carrier or wireless Device. You should check with your carrier to find out what plans are available and how much they cost. Contact your carrier with questions regarding these issues.
- Terms of Wireless Features. You agree that as to the Wireless Features for which you are registered for, we may send communications to your wireless Device regarding us or other parties. Further, we may collect information related to your use of the Wireless Features. If you have registered via the Service for Wireless Features, then you agree to notify Marvelous Mind Academy of any changes to your wireless contact information (including phone number) and update your Accounts on the Service to reflect the changes.
- Dispute Resolution
Certain portions of this Section 12 are deemed to be a "written agreement to arbitrate" pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act. You and Marvelous Mind Academy agree that we intend that this Section 12 satisfies the "writing" requirement of the Federal Arbitration Act. Where arbitration is not permitted by the mandatory laws in your country of residence, or where the parties have not otherwise agreed to arbitration in accordance with applicable laws, the provisions of Section 13 shall apply to all relevant disputes between you and us.
- First – Try to Resolve Disputes and Excluded Disputes. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, if any controversy, allegation, or claim arises out of or relates to the Service, the Content, your User-Generated Content, these Terms, or any Additional Terms, whether heretofore or hereafter arising (collectively, "Dispute"), or to any of Marvelous Mind Academy's actual or alleged intellectual property rights (an "Excluded Dispute", which includes those actions set forth in Section 12.D), then you and we agree to send a written notice to the other providing a reasonable description of the Dispute or Excluded Dispute, along with a proposed resolution of it. Our notice to you will be sent to you based on the most recent contact information that you provide us. But if no such information exists or if such information is not current, then we have no obligation under this Section 12.A. Your notice to us must be sent to: Marvelous Mind Academy, LLC, P.O. Box 24965, Rochester, NY 14624, Attn: General Counsel. For a period of sixty (60) days from the date of receipt of notice from the other party, Marvelous Mind Academy and you will engage in a dialogue in order to attempt to resolve the Dispute or Excluded Dispute, though nothing will require either you or Marvelous Mind Academy to resolve the Dispute or Excluded Dispute on terms with respect to which you and Marvelous Mind Academy, in each of our sole discretion, are not comfortable.
- Forums for Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Arbitration. If we cannot resolve a Dispute as set forth in Section 12.A within sixty (60) days of receipt of the notice, then either you or we may submit the Dispute to formal arbitration in accordance with this Section 12.B. If we cannot resolve an Excluded Dispute as set forth in Section 12.A within sixty (60) days of receipt of the notice, then either you or we may submit the Excluded Dispute to formal arbitration only if you and Marvelous Mind Academy consent, in a writing signed by you and an Officer or legal representative of Marvelous Mind Academy, to have that Excluded Dispute subject to arbitration. In such a case (and only in such a case), that Excluded Dispute will be deemed a "Dispute" for the remainder of this Section 12.B.
Upon expiration of the applicable sixty-day period and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, a Dispute will be resolved solely by binding arbitration in accordance with the then-current Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"). If the Dispute has a claimed value of not more than $250,000, then the arbitration will be heard and determined by a single neutral arbitrator who is a retired judge or a lawyer with not less than fifteen (15) years experience as a practicing member of the bar in the substantive practice area related to the Dispute, who will administer the proceedings in accordance with the AAA's Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes. If the Dispute has a claimed value of more than $250,000, or if Marvelous Mind Academy elects in its sole discretion to bear the costs of arbitration in excess of those that would occur for a proceeding before a single neutral arbitrator, then the arbitration will be heard and determined by a three-member panel, with one member to be selected by each party and the third (who will be chair of the panel) selected by the two party-appointed members or by the AAA in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules. The arbitrator or arbitration panel, as the case may be, will apply applicable law and the provisions of these Terms and any Additional Terms, will determine any Dispute according to the applicable law and facts based upon the record and no other basis, and will issue a reasoned award. If you and Marvelous Mind Academy do not both consent to the arbitration of an Excluded Dispute as set forth in the immediately preceding paragraph of this Section 12.B(i), then this paragraph and the remainder of this Section 12.B will not apply to the Excluded Dispute.
If a party properly submits the Dispute to the AAA for formal arbitration and the AAA is unwilling or unable to set a hearing date within sixty (60) days of the filing of a "demand for arbitration," then either party can elect to have the arbitration administered by the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services Inc. ("JAMS") using JAMS' streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures, or by any other arbitration administration service that you and an officer or legal representative of Marvelous Mind Academy consent to in writing. The substantive practice area requirements for the arbitrator and the $250,000 threshold for a the number of arbitrators assigned to the Dispute set forth in the paragraph above for the AAA arbitration will also apply to any such arbitration under JAMS or another arbitration service. You can obtain AAA and JAMS procedures, rules, and fee information as follows:
AAA: 800.778.7879 JAMS: 949.224.1810
- Nature, Limitations, and Location of Alternative Dispute Resolution. In arbitration, as with a court, the arbitrator must honor the terms of these Terms (and any Additional Terms) and can award the prevailing party damages and other relief (including attorneys' fees). However, WITH ARBITRATION (A) THERE IS NO JUDGE OR JURY, (B) THE ARBITRATION PROCEEDINGS AND ARBITRATION OUTCOME ARE SUBJECT TO CERTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY RULES, AND (C) JUDICIAL REVIEW OF THE ARBITRATION OUTCOME IS LIMITED. All parties to the arbitration will have the right, at their own expense, to be represented by an attorney or other advocate of their choosing. If an in-person arbitration hearing is required, then it will be conducted in the "metropolitan statistical area" (as defined by the U.S. Census Bureau) where you are a resident at the time the Dispute is submitted to arbitration. You and we will pay the administrative and arbitrator's fees and other costs in accordance with the applicable arbitration rules; but if applicable arbitration rules or laws require Marvelous Mind Academy to pay a greater portion or all of such fees and costs in order for this Section 12 to be enforceable, then Marvelous Mind Academy will have the right to elect to pay the fees and costs and proceed to arbitration. Discovery will be permitted pursuant to the applicable arbitration rules. The arbitrator's decision must consist of a written statement stating the disposition of each claim of the Dispute, and must provide a statement of the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and any award (if any) is based. Judgment on the arbitration decision and award (if any) may be entered in or by any court that has jurisdiction over the parties pursuant to Section 9 of the Federal Arbitration Act.
- Limited Time to File Claims. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IF YOU OR WE WANT TO ASSERT A DISPUTE (BUT NOT A EXCLUDED DISPUTE) AGAINST THE OTHER, THEN YOU OR WE MUST COMMENCE IT (BY DELIVERY OF WRITTEN NOTICE AS SET FORTH IN SECTION 12.A) WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE DISPUTE ARISES -- OR IT WILL BE FOREVER BARRED.
- Injunctive Relief. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the foregoing provisions of this Section 12 will not apply to any legal action taken by Marvelous Mind Academy to seek an injunction or other equitable relief in connection with, any loss, cost, or damage (or any potential loss, cost, or damage) relating to the Service, any Content, your User-Generated Content and/or Marvelous Mind Academy's intellectual property rights (including such Marvelous Mind Academy may claim that may be in dispute), Marvelous Mind Academy's operations, and/or Marvelous Mind Academy's products or services.
- Small Claims Matters Are Excluded from Arbitration Requirement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either of us may bring qualifying claim of Disputes (but not Excluded Disputes) in small claims court, subject to Section 12.G.
- No Class Action Matters. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, disputes will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be consolidated with any other arbitrations or other proceedings that involve any claim or controversy of any other party. But if, for any reason, any court with competent jurisdiction or any arbitrator selected pursuant to Section 12.B(i) holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then our agreement in Section 12.B to arbitrate will not apply and the Dispute must be brought exclusively in court pursuant to Section 12.G.
- Federal and State Courts in Suffolk County. Except to the extent that arbitration is required in Section 12.B, and except as to the enforcement of any arbitration decision or award, any action or proceeding relating to any Dispute or Excluded Dispute may only be instituted in state or federal court in Suffolk County, Massachusetts. Accordingly, you and Marvelous Mind Academy consent to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts for such matters.
- Other Dispute Resolution Where Arbitration Is Not Available
This Section 13 applies to all users of the Service, if, and only to the extent that, the mandatory laws in your country of residence do not permit arbitration of Disputes in accordance with Section 12 or the parties have not otherwise agreed to arbitration if required by applicable law.
- Section 13 Disputes. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, if any controversy, allegation, or claim (including any non-contractual claim) arises out of or relates to the Service, the Content, these Terms, whether heretofore or hereafter arising or to any of Marvelous Mind Academy's actual or alleged intellectual property rights (collectively, a "Section 13 Dispute"), then you and we agree to send a written notice to the other providing a reasonable description of the Section 13 Dispute, along with a proposed resolution of it. Our notice to you will be sent to you based on the most recent contact information that you provide us. But if no such information exists or if such information is not current, then we have no obligation under this Section 13.A. Your notice to us must be sent to: Marvelous Mind Academy, LLC, P.O. Box 24965, Rochester, NY 14624. Subject to applicable law, for a period of sixty (60) days from the date of receipt of notice from the other party, Marvelous Mind Academy and you will engage in a dialogue in order to attempt to resolve the Section 13 Dispute, though nothing will require either you or Marvelous Mind Academy to resolve the Section 13 Dispute on terms with respect to which you and Marvelous Mind Academy, in each of our sole discretion, are not comfortable.
- Jurisdiction. The parties agree that the state or federal courts in Suffolk County, Massachusetts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction of any Section 13 Dispute, unless otherwise required by applicable laws of your jurisdiction of residence.
- Governing Law. To the maximum extent permitted by the mandatory laws in your country of residence, these Terms and any Section 13 Dispute arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes), will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Massachusetts, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
- Limited Time to File Claims. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IF YOU OR WE WANT TO ASSERT A SECTION 13 DISPUTE AGAINST THE OTHER, THEN YOU OR WE MUST COMMENCE IT (BY DELIVERY OF WRITTEN NOTICE AS SET FORTH IN SECTION 13.A) WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER DISCOVERY OF THE SECTION 13 DISPUTE ARISES -- OR IT WILL BE FOREVER BARRED.
- Injunctive Relief. The foregoing provisions of this Section 13 will not apply to any legal action taken by Marvelous Mind Academy to seek an injunction or other equitable relief in connection with, any loss, cost, or damage (or any potential loss, cost, or damage) relating to the Service, any Content, your User-Generated Content and/or Marvelous Mind Academy's intellectual property rights (including such Marvelous Mind Academy may claim that may be in dispute), Marvelous Mind Academy's operations, and/or Marvelous Mind Academy's products or services
- DISCLAIMER OF REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE", AND "WITH ALL FAULTS" BASIS. Therefore, to the fullest extent permissible by law, Marvelous Mind Academy and its subsidiaries and each of their respective employees, directors, members, managers, shareholders, agents, vendors, licensors, licensees, contractors, customers, successors, and assigns (collectively, "Marvelous Mind Academy Parties") hereby disclaim and make no representations, warranties, endorsements, or promises, express or implied, as to:
- the Service (including the Content and the User-Generated Content);
- the functions, features, or any other elements on, or made accessible through, the Service;
- any products, services, or instructions offered or referenced at or linked through the Service;
- whether the Service or the servers that make the Service available are free from any harmful components (including viruses, Trojan horses, and other technologies that could adversely impact your Device);
- whether the information (including any instructions) on the Service is accurate, complete, correct, adequate, useful, timely, or reliable;
- whether any defects to or errors on the Service will be repaired or corrected;
- whether your access to the Service will be uninterrupted;
- whether the Service will be available at any particular time or location; and
- whether your use of the Service is lawful in any particular jurisdiction.
EXCEPT FOR ANY SPECIFIC WARRANTIES PROVIDED HEREIN OR IN ADDITIONAL TERMS PROVIDED BY A Marvelous Mind Academy PARTY, Marvelous Mind Academy PARTIES HEREBY FURTHER DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS.
Some jurisdictions limit or do not allow the disclaimer of implied or other warranties so the above disclaimers may not apply to the extent such jurisdictions' laws are applicable, and you may have additional rights.
- LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY Marvelous Mind Academy PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, including personal injury or death or for any direct, indirect, economic, exemplary, special, punitive, incidental, or consequential losses or damages of any kind including without limitation loss of profits that are directly or indirectly related to:
- the Service (including the Content and the User-Generated Content);
- your use of or inability to use the Service, or the performance of the Service;
- any action taken in connection with an investigation by Marvelous Mind Academy Parties or law enforcement authorities regarding your access to or use of the Service;
- any action taken in connection with copyright or other intellectual property owners or other rights owners;
- any errors or omissions in the Service's technical operation; or
- any damage to any user's computer, hardware, software, modem, or other equipment or technology, including damage from any security breach or from any virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line, or network failure or any other technical or other malfunction, including losses or damages in the form of lost profits, loss of goodwill, loss of data, work stoppage, accuracy of results, or equipment failure or malfunction.
The foregoing limitations of liability will apply even if any of the foregoing events or circumstances were foreseeable and even if Marvelous Mind Academy Parties were advised of or should have known of the possibility of such losses or damages, regardless of whether you bring an action based in contract, negligence, strict liability, or tort (including whether caused, in whole or in part, by negligence, acts of god, telecommunications failure, or destruction of the Service).
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages of the sort that are described above, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights.
EXCEPT AS MAY BE PROVIDED IN ANY ADDITIONAL TERMS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL Marvelous Mind Academy PARTIES' TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU, FOR ALL POSSIBLE DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THESE TERMS, EXCEED AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID Marvelous Mind Academy IN CONNECTION WITH THE TRANSACTION(S) THAT UNDERLIE THE CLAIM(S); PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THIS PROVISION WILL NOT APPLY IF A COURT OR TRIBUNAL WITH APPLICABLE JURISDICTION FINDS SUCH TO BE UNCONSCIONABLE. FOR PURPOSES OF CLARITY, THE PRIOR SENTENCE DOES NOT EXPAND OR LIMIT ANY EXPRESS, WRITTEN PRODUCT WARRANTY THAT IS PROVIDED BY Marvelous Mind Academy OR A MANUFACTURER OF A PHYSICAL PRODUCT.
Residents of California are entitled to the following specific consumer rights information: you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at: 400 R St., Suite 1080, Sacramento, California, 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254. Their web site is located at: http://www.dca.ca.gov.
Residents of the European Union are entitled to the following exclusions to the disclaimers or limitation of liability: Nothing in these Terms shall operate to exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence; fraud or fraudulent concealment; or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Waiver of Injunctive or Other Equitable Relief
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IF YOU CLAIM THAT YOU HAVE INCURRED ANY LOSS, DAMAGES, OR INJURIES IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, THEN THE LOSSES, DAMAGES, AND INJURIES WILL NOT BE IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION OR TO OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF OF ANY KIND. THIS MEANS THAT, IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR CLAIM, YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT SEEK, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN, ANY COURT OR OTHER ACTION THAT MAY INTERFERE WITH OR PREVENT THE DEVELOPMENT OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, APPLICATION, CONTENT, USER-GENERATED CONTENT, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNED, LICENSED, USED OR CONTROLLED BY Marvelous Mind Academy (INCLUDING YOUR LICENSED USER-GENERATED CONTENT) OR A LICENSOR OF Marvelous Mind Academy.
- Updates To Terms.
These Terms (or if applicable Additional Terms), in the form posted at the time of your use of the applicable services to which it applies, shall govern such use (including transactions entered during such use). AS OUR SERVICE EVOLVES, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH WE OFFER THE SERVICE MAY PROSPECTIVELY BE MODIFIED AND WE MAY CEASE OFFERING THE SERVICE UNDER THE TERMS OR ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR WHICH THEY WERE PREVIOUSLY OFFERED. ACCORDINGLY, EACH TIME YOU SIGN IN TO OR OTHERWISE USE THE SERVICE YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A NEW AGREEMENT WITH US ON THE THEN APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY NOTIFY YOU OF OTHER TERMS BY POSTING THEM ON THE SERVICE (OR IN ANY OTHER REASONABLE MANNER OF NOTICE WHICH WE ELECT), AND THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AFTER SUCH NOTICE CONSTITUTES YOUR GOING FORWARD AGREEMENT TO THE OTHER TERMS FOR YOUR NEW USE AND TRANSACTIONS. Therefore, you should review the posted terms of service and any applicable Additional Terms each time you use the Service (at least prior to each transaction or submission). The Additional Terms will be effective as to new use and transactions as of the time that we post them, or such later date as may be specified in them or in other notice to you. However, the Terms (and any applicable Additional Terms) that applied when you previously used the Service will continue to apply to such prior use and any specific term to which we previously committed to apply those Terms (if applicable) (i.e., changes and additions are prospective only), unless mutually agreed. In the event any notice to you of new, revised or additional terms is determined by a tribunal to be insufficient, the prior agreement shall continue until sufficient notice to establish a new agreement occurs. You should frequently check the home page, your message account and the e-mail you associated with your Account for notices, all of which you agree are reasonable manners of providing you notice. You can reject any new, revised or additional Terms by discontinuing use of the Service and related services.
- General Provisions
- Marvelous Mind Academy's Consent or Approval. As to any provision in these Terms or any Additional Terms that grants Marvelous Mind Academy a right of consent or approval, or permits Marvelous Mind Academy to exercise a right in its "sole discretion," Marvelous Mind Academy may exercise that right in its sole and absolute discretion. No Marvelous Mind Academy consent or approval may be deemed to have been granted by Marvelous Mind Academy without being in writing and signed by an officer of Marvelous Mind Academy.
- Applicable Law. These Terms and any Additional Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with, and any Dispute and Excluded Dispute will be resolved in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions, unless the applicable laws of your jurisdiction of residence require that the laws of such jurisdiction govern, in which case the laws of such jurisdiction are to govern.
- Indemnity. You agree to, and you hereby, defend, indemnify, and hold Marvelous Mind Academy Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs, investigations, liabilities, judgments, fines, penalties, settlements, interest, and expenses (including attorneys' fees) that directly or indirectly arise from or are related to any claim, suit, action, demand, or proceeding made or brought against any Marvelous Mind Academy Party, or on account of the investigation, defense, or settlement thereof, arising out of or in connection with, whether occurring heretofore or hereafter: (i) your User-Generated Content; (ii) your use of the Service and your activities in connection with the Service; (iii) your breach or alleged breach of these Terms or any Additional Terms; (iv) your violation or alleged violation of any laws, rules, regulations, codes, statutes, ordinances, or orders of any governmental or quasi-governmental authorities in connection with your use of the Service or your activities in connection with the Service; (v) information or material transmitted through your Device, even if not submitted by you, that infringes, violates, or misappropriates any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent, publicity, privacy, or other right of any person or entity; (vi) any misrepresentation made by you; and (vii) Marvelous Mind Academy Parties' use of the information that you submit to us (including your User-Generated Content) (all of the foregoing, "Claims and Losses"). You will cooperate as fully required by Marvelous Mind Academy Parties in the defense of any Claim and Losses. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Marvelous Mind Academy Parties retain the exclusive right to settle, compromise, and pay any and all Claims and Losses. Marvelous Mind Academy Parties reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any Claims and Losses. You will not settle any Claims and Losses without, in each instance, the prior written consent of an officer of a Marvelous Mind Academy Party.
- Operation of Service; Availability of Products and Services; International Issues. Marvelous Mind Academy controls and operates the Service from its U.S.-based offices in the U.S.A., and Marvelous Mind Academy makes no representation that the Service is appropriate or available for use beyond the U.S.A. and Canada. If you use the Service from other locations, you are doing so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws regarding your online conduct and acceptable content, if and to the extent local laws apply. The Service may describe products and services that are available only in the U.S.A. and Canada (or parts of such territories) and are not available worldwide. We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Service and/or the provision of any content, program, product, service, or other feature described or available on the Site to any person, entity, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any content, program, product, service, or other feature that we provide. You agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to these Terms or to any sale of goods carried out as a result of your use of the Service.
- Export Controls. Software related to or made available by the Service may be subject to export controls of the U.S.A. To the extent permissible under applicable domestic laws, no software from the Service may be downloaded, exported, or re-exported: (i) into (or to a national or resident of) any country or other jurisdiction to which the U.S.A. has embargoes (which, as of the effective date of these Terms, includes Cuba, North Korea, Iran, Sudan, and Syria), or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders, or (iii) to anyone on the U.S. Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry and Security Entities List as published in the Export Administration Regulations (including entities engaged in weapons of mass destruction proliferation in various countries and persons and entities that are suspected of diverting U.S. origin items to embargoed countries or terrorist end-uses). You are responsible for complying with all applicable trade regulations and laws. Except as authorized by law, you agree and warrant not to export or re-export the software to any county, or to any person, entity, or end-user subject to U.S. export controls or sanctions, including, without limitation, as set forth in subsections (i) – (iii) above.
- Severability; Interpretation. If any provision of these Terms, or any Additional Terms, is for any reason deemed invalid, unlawful, void, or unenforceable by a court or arbitrator of competent jurisdiction, then that provision will be deemed severable from these Terms or the Additional Terms, and the invalidity of the provision will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms or the Additional Terms (which will remain in full force and effect). To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to waive, and you hereby waive, any applicable statutory and common law that may permit a contract to be construed against its drafter. Wherever the word "including" is used in these Terms or any Additional Terms, the word will be deemed to mean "including, without limitation,".
- Communications. When you communicate with us electronically, such as via e-mail and text message, you consent to receive responsive communications from us electronically. We will try to promptly respond to all inquiries but are not obligated to do so. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Investigations; Cooperation with Law Enforcement; Termination; Survival. Marvelous Mind Academy reserves the right, without any limitation, to: (i) investigate any suspected breaches of its Service security or its information technology or other systems or networks, (ii) investigate any suspected breaches of these Terms and any Additional Terms, (iii) investigate any information obtained by Marvelous Mind Academy in connection with reviewing law enforcement databases or complying with criminal laws, (iv) involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating any of the foregoing matters, (v) prosecute violators of these Terms and any Additional Terms, and (vi) discontinue the Service, in whole or in part, or, except as may be expressly set forth in any Additional Terms, suspend or terminate your access to it, in whole or in part, including any user accounts or registrations, at any time, without notice, for any reason and without any obligation to you or any third party. Any suspension or termination will not affect your obligations to Marvelous Mind Academy under these Terms or any Additional Terms. Upon suspension or termination of your access to the Service, or upon notice from Marvelous Mind Academy, all rights granted to you under these Terms or any Additional Terms will cease immediately, and you agree that you will immediately discontinue use of the Service. The provisions of these Terms and any Additional Terms, which by their nature should survive your suspension or termination will survive, including the rights and licenses you grant to Marvelous Mind Academy in these Terms, as well as the indemnities, releases, disclaimers, and limitations on liability and the provisions regarding jurisdiction, choice of law, no class action, and mandatory arbitration.
- Assignment. Marvelous Mind Academy may assign its rights and obligations under these Terms and any Additional Terms, in whole or in part, to any party at any time without any notice. These Terms and any Additional Terms may not be assigned by you, and you may not delegate your duties under them, without the prior written consent of an officer of Marvelous Mind Academy.
- No Waiver. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms or any Additional Terms, (i) no failure or delay by you or Marvelous Mind Academy in exercising any of rights, powers, or remedies under will operate as a waiver of that or any other right, power, or remedy, and (ii) no waiver or modification of any term of these Terms or any Additional Terms will be effective unless in writing and signed by the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced.
- U.S. Government Restricted Rights. If you are a U.S. government end user, then this provision applies to you. The Service provided in connection with these Terms has been developed entirely at private expense, as defined in FAR section 2.101, DFARS section 252.227-7014(a)(1) and DFARS section 252.227-7015 (or any equivalent or subsequent agency regulation thereof), and is provided as "commercial items," "commercial computer site" and/or "commercial computer site documentation." Consistent with DFARS section 227.7202 and FAR section 12.212 and to the extent required under U.S. federal law, the minimum restricted rights as set forth in FAR section 52.227-19 (or any equivalent or subsequent agency regulation thereof), any use, modification, reproduction, release, performance, display, disclosure or distribution thereof by or for the U.S. Government shall be governed solely by these Terms and shall be prohibited except to the extent expressly permitted by these Terms.
- Connectivity. You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all Devices and other equipment and software, and all internet service provider, mobile service, and other services needed for your access to and use of the Service and you will be responsible for all charges related to them.
- Terms Applicable For Apple iOS.
If you are accessing or using the Service through an Apple Device, the following additional terms and conditions are applicable to you and are incorporated into the Terms by this reference:
- To the extent that you are accessing the Service through an Apple Device, you acknowledge that these Terms are entered into between you and Marvelous Mind Academy and, that Apple, Inc. ("Apple") is not a party to these Terms other than as third-party beneficiary as contemplated below.
- The license granted to you in Section 1 of these Terms is subject to the permitted Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service (see: http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html) and any third party terms of agreement applicable to the Service.
- You acknowledge that Marvelous Mind Academy, and not Apple, is responsible for providing the Service and Content thereof.
- You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance any support services to you with respect to the Service.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Service.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, and subject to the terms in these Terms, you acknowledge that, solely as between Apple and Marvelous Mind Academy, Marvelous Mind Academy, and not Apple is responsible for addressing any claims you may have relating to the Service, or your possession and/or use thereof, including, but not limited, to: (i) product liability claims, (ii) any claim that the Service fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- Further, you agree that if the Service, or your possession and use of the Service, infringes on a third party's intellectual property rights, you will not hold Apple responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claims.
- You acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple's subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
- When using the Service, you agree to comply with any and all third-party terms that are applicable to any platform, web site, technology or service that interacts with the Service.
©2014 Marvelous Mind Academy, LLC. All Rights Reserved. "Marvelous Mind Academy" and "Marvelous Mind Academy" are trademarks of Marvelous Mind Academy, LLC.