Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Meeting
February 16, 2015 @ 6:30pm – Beech Street
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission - The Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori Methods, Community-Based educational approaches, and integrated academics (STEAM) to support student academic success, responsibility, and independence.
Montessori Moment - Julie B
Next Montessori Moment -
- Approval of Previous Minutes
- Motion to adopt agenda (with any needed changes)
- Community Member Forum: Community members may use this time to speak to the board; five minute time cap please. For discussion(s) that may take more time please contact Julie Suckla at email@example.com.
- Status of previous meeting’s action items – Tamia
- Consent Agenda, if applicable
- BOD President (6:35-6:40)
i. Strategic Planning: Schedule Meeting
iii. Policy/procedure that limits the number of evenings staff/teachers are required to stay after school.
iv. Add action item for Josh to develop procedure for board members/PTO to lock-up after events.
- Executive Director – Josh (6:40-6:55)
- Copy of Committee List to PTO
ii. Dissolve enrollment committee
iii. CLC conference in Denver Feb.25-27th
- Finance Committee -- Nate (6:55-7:10)
- Approval of 2nd qtr financials
- Recommend changes to Farm Lunch $5/regular lunch and $2.50/Free/Reduced Lunches.
- Recommend Business Manager be authorized to arrange payment plans for collection of Farm Lunch fees similar to the collection plans arranged for After-School programs.
- Mission and Vision Committee- Anna (7:10-7:15)
- Provide feedback to committee prior to next meeting February 25th.
- Curriculum Committee - Anna (7:15-7:25)
- EE donation request, help Julie coordinate for students to be a part of the request
- Volunteers for design stations at Innovation Night March 19th.
- Hiring & Evaluation -- Anna (7:25-7:35)
- Helping Josh with hiring
- 360 feedback to Julie for Josh’s evaluation in next week
- New Business.
- Calendaring – BOD President (7:35-7:40)
- Upcoming events
- CLC Conference Denver February 25-27th
- February 25th Mission/Vision Committee
- March 19th Family Innovation Night
- March 13th Empire Electric Grant Presentation
- Next BOD meeting
- March 11, 2015, 6:30 PM
- Review all Action Items – Tamia (7:40-7:45)
XIII. Executive Session -- (7:45-8:25)
i. Determining positions and development strategy for negotiations and instructing negotiators, 24-6-402(4)(e)
- Items for Future Agenda(s) – BOD President