2016 Technology PD Summary
- A Kahoot is a collection of questions on specific topics created by teachers, students, business-people and social users
- Kahoots are asked in real-time, to an unlimited number of “players”, creating a social, fun and game-like learning environment.
Formative from PfISD PD
- Tool to provide an online formative assessment
- Free app for students and teachers that works across all devices
- Formative is an assessment tool where students can type, draw, or submit images to demonstrate their understanding.
- Beyond Multiple Choice: Students can type, show their work with drawings or submit images.
- Formative Everything: Frequent formal and informal checks for understanding guarantee student growth.
- Real-Time Intervention: Know exactly what each student needs as they learn and take immediate actions.
Answer Garden from PfISD PD
- Minimalistic feedback tool for gathering ideas from a group.
- Use it for real time audience participation, online brainstorming and classroom feedback.
Padlet from PfISD PD
- Padlet is an online virtual “bulletin” board, where students and teachers can collaborate, reflect, share links and pictures, in a secure location.
- Creators can moderate posts, remove posts, and manage their board 24/7.
- Works across all devices with a browser and internet connection.
- Interactive Slides
- Seamlessly combines interactive presentation, collaboration, and real-time assessment tools into one integrated solution
- you will need one Tablet, Chromebook or PC/MAC and at least one other device (tablets, smartphones, PC/MAC), both running Nearpod. All devices should be connected to the Internet.
- Teachers use Nearpod to share content with their students and to manage the flow of the lecture. Students use Nearpod on their mobile devices to receive multimedia content and to participate in engaging assessment and collaboration activities.
- Nearpod allows teachers to:
- Create Content: – Teachers log in to www.nearpod.com to create multimedia presentations with interactive features such as quizzes, videos, polls, drawing tools, and more. They can also access featured presentations from certified publishers and fellow educators.
- Engage: – In the classroom, teachers log in to the Nearpod app to share content with their students and manage the flow of the lecture. Students use the Nearpod app on their devices to receive curricular content, participate in activities and submit responses.
- Assess: – Teachers can see students’ answers in real time on the Nearpod app. Additionally, teachers can log in to www.nearpod.com to access post-session data and obtain detailed activity reports.
(Created by Debbi Watson)
Hyperdoc More HyperDoc Info and Examples
HyperDocs are Google Docs that are self-contained lessons or units.
- They contain questions, with links to videos, infographics, websites, or other resources to help the students discover new information.
- HyperDocs also contain tasks for students to complete, such as creating a Google Drawing or a Google Slide deck.
(From Diana Mancuso)
- A Googlink is an annotated image with hyperlinked icons attached to various parts of the image.
- Parts of a flower example
Google Slides from PfISD PD
- Students, teachers, and other collaborators can build and simultaneously edit slides
- More ways to use Google Slides (Created by Heather Marshall @msmarshallcms)