Assignments now allow for group submissions. In previous versions of Blackboard, group submissions were not linked together in the Grade Center, forcing instructors to assign a grade to each user within the group individually. To create a group assignment:
- Enter the content area in which the assignment link will be created.
- Hover your mouse over the Assessments button, then choose Assignment on the drop-menu.
- Designate the assignment name. Provide instructions within the text box, as needed.
- Assign a point value for the assignment.
- Set availability limitations, as needed.
- Within the Recipients area, designate the assignment recipient as "Groups of Students."
- Select which groups to include as assignment recipients. To make your selections, click the group name, then click the arrow pointing to the Selected Items column. Repeat to add additional groups.
- Once all options are set, click Submit to finish assignment creation.
Grading a Group Assignment
Only one member is required to submit an assignment for the group. All members of groups with submissions will display a "submission needs grading" marker in the Grade Center, even those users who did not submit the file.
- Click Grade Center on the Control Panel, then select Full Grade Center on the expanded menu.
- To view the submission, select the options button within a student's cell, then click the Group Attempt option.
- Provide a grade and feedback as you would when grading an individual assignment.
- The grade and feedback will be assigned to and made available to all members of the group.