732-977-5643 | 2225 Ashley River Road, Charleston, SC 29414 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Unity Engineer, Kiz Studios | April 2016 - February 2017
Shipped Dash Galactic, available on Google Play
- Unity engineer involved in developing and maintaining nearly every corner of the codebase.
- Technical design experience. Working with game/UI designers and project managers to establish implementation goals and deadlines based on technical and resource constraints.
- Developed Behavior Tree visualization editor tool to help visualize AI decision making in real time.
- Collaborated with UI designer to ensure that performance was up to par by eliminating draw calls and canvas rebuilds through careful planning of assets and HUD infrastructure/layout.
- Implementation and programming of UI from designer mockups and animation playblasts using uGUI, including a color palette system to centralize editing game-wide color schemes to a single location in the project.
- Developed new AI behaviors for enemy characters based on designer writeups using behavior trees and state machines.
- Incorporated new logger used across the entire project which allowed for writing logs to multiple files based on log category and severity, asset based per-environment logger configurations and performance/verbose modes to permit maximum debug logging at little cost to performance.
- Developed extensive tutorial systems and UI.
- Wrote collapsable IMGUI debug views to efficiently display hundreds of lines of debug information during runtime. Categorization, color coordination and hotkeys made it much simpler to find the information necessary to assist with debugging.
Lead Programmer, Rubycone Games | March 2015 - October 2015
- Owned complete responsibility for all programming tasks, UI design and implementation.
- Designed and implemented animation system for main character.
- Designed and implemented sprite sheet marker system, which allowed for tracking points in spritesheets across animation frames using pre-baked data for massive performance gain.
- Developed dynamic combat effects animation system to accurately depict projectiles passing through enemies.
Programmer, Rubycone Games | September 2013 - March 2015
Shipped HEKTOR, available on Steam:
- Created JIGSAW system, the main gameplay feature that simulated psychosis by manipulating the physical game environment without the player seeing. This required a lot of optimization to ensure that large detailed rooms could be loaded/offloaded efficiently and quickly.
- Developed tools and Unity Editor extensions to assist in rapid prototyping/implementation and level design.
- Implemented all game UI using uGUI and custom UI components for full controller support.
- Led all group interviews conducted by media
- Assisted ProCore in debugging features in the ProBuilder Unity editor extension, used extensively in HEKTOR.
Junior Security Engineer, Datapipe | August 2012 - April 2015
- Developed corporate tools in Java and C# to assist in automating daily tasks to improve workflow, reduce the possibility of human error, and increase productivity
- Dash Galactic (Android 2016)
- Gunula (PC/Mac/Linux 2015)
- HEKTOR (PC/Mac/Linux 2015)
- UnityCommonLibrary (Open-source library)
- Folders! (Open-source Unity editor extension)
C#, Java, C++, Python, Cg/HLSL
Unity, Unity editor extensions, MonoGame, SFML
Tool development, BaaS/SaaS integration, game architecture
WinForms, SQL, XML, INI, JSON, YAML
Boston | September 2015
Game Developers Conference
San Francisco | March 2015
Middletown High School South | 2008 – 2011