732-977-5643 | 1999 Beach Park Blvd Apt. 7 Foster City, CA 94404 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Software Engineer, NCSOFT | May 2018 - Present
Software Engineer, NCSOFT | May 2017 - May 2018
Work on unannounced mobile game made with Unity
- Responsible for developing client-side features, occasionally modifying server code to support development of features.
- Consistent UI optimization work for mid-tier to high-end mobile devices.
- Reworked major systems such as UI and low level systems as part of improvement passes.
- Developed tutorial/event/sequencing system from the ground up, integrated with existing game data solution for designers to implement narrative moments and intricate tutorial sequences based on game triggers.
- Heavy optimization passes to editor tools, reducing memory allocation on the scale of megabytes per update.
- Developed tools for improving navigating the Unity Editor, debugging game state, and validating game data.
Unity Engineer, Kiz Studios | April 2016 - February 2017
Shipped Dash Galactic, available on Google Play
- Unity engineer involved in developing and maintaining nearly every corner of the codebase.
- Technical design experience. Working with game/UI designers and project managers to establish implementation goals and deadlines based on technical and resource constraints.
- Developed Behavior Tree visualization editor tool to help visualize AI decision making in real time.
- Collaborated with UI designer to ensure that performance was up to par by eliminating draw calls and canvas rebuilds through careful planning of assets and HUD infrastructure/layout.
- Developed new AI behaviors for enemy characters based on designer writeups using behavior trees and state machines.
- Incorporated new logger used across the entire project which allowed for writing logs to multiple files based on log category and severity, asset based per-environment logger configurations and performance/verbose modes to permit maximum debug logging at little cost to performance.
- Developed extensive tutorial systems and UI.
Lead Programmer, Rubycone Games | March 2015 - October 2015
- Owned complete responsibility for all programming tasks, UI design and implementation.
- Designed and implemented animation system for main character.
- Designed and implemented sprite sheet marker system, which allowed for tracking points in spritesheets across animation frames using pre-baked data for massive performance gain.
- Developed dynamic combat effects animation system to accurately depict projectiles passing through enemies.
Programmer, Rubycone Games | September 2013 - March 2015
Shipped HEKTOR, available on Steam:
- Created JIGSAW system, the main gameplay feature that simulated psychosis by manipulating the physical game environment without the player seeing. This required a lot of optimization to ensure that large detailed rooms could be loaded/offloaded efficiently and quickly.
- Developed tools and Unity Editor extensions to assist in rapid prototyping/implementation and level design.
- Implemented all game UI using uGUI and custom UI components for full controller support.
- Led all group interviews conducted by media
- Assisted ProCore in debugging features in the ProBuilder Unity editor extension, used extensively in HEKTOR.
Junior Security Engineer, Datapipe | August 2012 - April 2015
- Developed corporate tools in Java and C# to assist in automating daily tasks to improve workflow, reduce the possibility of human error, and increase productivity
- Unannounced NCSOFT AAA Mobile Game (iOS/Android 2018)
- Dash Galactic (Android 2016)
- Gunula (PC/Mac/Linux 2015)
- HEKTOR (PC/Mac/Linux 2015)
- UnityCommonLibrary (Open-source library)
- Folders! (Open-source Unity editor extension)
C#, Java, C++, Python, Cg/HLSL
Unity, Unity editor development, uGUI, MonoGame, SFML
Tool development, BaaS/SaaS integration, game architecture
WinForms, SQL Git, SVN, P4
LA | October 2018
Boston | September 2015
Game Developers Conference
San Francisco | March 2015
Middletown High School South | 2008 – 2011