Below are the rules for both tournaments. Please look them over if you are unfamiliar with either game’s ruleset.
MIAMI UNIVERSITY SMASH CLUB
SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEE
- 4 Stocks, 8 Minutes
- Handicap: OFF
- Damage Ratio: 1.0
- Items: OFF
- Pause: OFF
- Bracket matches are best of 3, Top 8 matches are best of 5.
- If the Pause option is left on, accidental pausing mid-match forfeits a stock.
- A tie is determined by stocks, then by percentage. If percentage is tied, a one stock, 3 minute tiebreaker match is played.
- Chain Grabbing and Infinites are legal up to 300% (including wobbling).
- Coaching is banned during a match.
- Playing as Master Hand via the Name Entry Glitch is banned.
-Dave’s Stupid Rule is in effect.
-Gentleman’s Rule is legal.
- Final Destination
- Yoshi’s Story
- Dream Land
- Fountain of Dreams
- Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Double Blind Pick.
- Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. The winner chooses between selecting controller port or the first stage strike.
- Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), and the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
- Players play the first match of the set.
- The winner(s) of the preceding match bans a stage from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick.
- The loser(s) of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. They cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they’ve already won on during this set, unless agreed to by the other player(s).
- The winner(s) of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
- The loser(s) of the preceding match may choose to change their characters.
- The loser(s) of the preceding match may choose to change their controller port(s).
- Players play the next match of the set.
-Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
-Players suspected of using turbo functions or other macros are subject to immediate disqualification.
(Using these techniques will result in the loss of a stock)
- Luigi Ladder stalling.
- Peach’s Peach Bomber stalling, if used to waste time. This technique is allowed for use in recovery.
- Jigglypuff’s Rising Pound stalling, if used to waste time. This technique is allowed for use in recovery.
(Using these techniques will result in the loss of the match)
- Ice Climbers’ Freeze Glitch
- Ness’s Yo-yo Glitch
- Mewtwo’s Soul Breaker Glitch