Special Meeting MINUTES
Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Director’s Special Meeting
05.13.15 at 5:30 pm – Beech Street
BOD Approved 06.15.15
- Call to Order: Julie called the meeting to order at 5:41 pm.
- Roll Call: Anna Cole, VP; Nate Seeley, Treasurer; Julie Bell, Member; Josh Warinner, ED; Julie Suckla, President; Chad Fish, CH Member
Absent: Tamia Hurst, Secretary
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission - Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori Methods, Community-Based educational approaches, and integrated academics (STEAM) to support student academic success, responsibility, and independence.
- Executive Session – Julie moved to enter Executive Session at 5:41pm, seconded, unanimously approved.
- Determining positions and development strategy for negotiations and instructing, 24-6-402(4)(e).
- Personnel matters, 24-6-402 (4)(f)
- 6:36 pm Julie moved to exit executive session, seconded, unanimously approved.
Prepared by Julie Suckla, BOD President