SPADO Board Meeting
Nov 3, 2016
Marlisa – President
Corey - Treasurer
In Attendance: Marlisa, Corey, Lacey, Tina, Gary, Daniel, Katie, Dot, Sebastian, Leela, Samuel, Ava, Robert, Chelsea, joy, John, Leann, Karen, Leslie, Maggie, Fatima, Karen, Justin
Treasury Report (Corey):
Current Balance: $9240.12
- Start of 2015 balance: $5,385.38
- End of 2015 balance: $9,528.92
- Net Annual Total: $4,143.54
- Annual Total: $10,216.22 (amount in) – $6,072.68 (amount out)
- New Benches and Paint: $248.28
Dog park partnership:
- Last two years they have been a sponsor
- $1000 donation
- VSEC has offered to sponsor the new dog park and will provide trash receptacles, poop bag dispensers, signage, and sign up board.
Dog Park Clean Ups/Events
- April 10th: Spring Clean Up & Purchase of new clean up supplies for the year.
- Aug 21st: End of Summer Clean Up
- Jul 10th: Dog Park Pool Party
SPADO Planning Meetings
- Winter: January 8, February 9
- Spring: March 24, April 1, 15, 22, 29 (planning for Dog Day Afternoon)
- May 13, 14, 15 (Meetings over the 3 days to set up for dog day)
- Summer/Fall: August 26, September 19
- Annual Meeting: November 3
Purchases for the Park
- String Lights for lining the 12th street side of the park
- 2 signs: Rules of the park
- Wheel barrow
- Other park maintenance supplies (netting, zip ties, gloves)
- 2 Picnic tables and paint
Dog Day Afternoon – May 15
- Purpose (besides a fun day) → raise neighborhood awareness, increase partnerships, raise funds to cover the cost for a temporary dog park space during construction.
- Major Sponsors
- Companion Pet Hospital
- Gen3 Electric
- Please see out website for a full list of Vendors, Participants, and Donors
- Renovation is scheduled to begin in March
- There is a rumor that the park will not begin on time.
- Prospects/Possibility of a Temporary Dog Park
- Working on possible locations
- Logistics of possible locations
- Main project for SPADO moving forward
- Would love to see people every month
- Possible dog park etiquette classes
- New subcommittees
- Discuss possible subcommittees at next meeting
- Discuss possible dog park etiquette classes
Nominating and Voting for Officers
- Election ballot is attached (last page)
- Positions explained
- President → Is the main line of communication between SPADO and other organizations
- Treasurer → Handles our 501(c)(3) status, the SPADO checking account, and handles all reimbursements
- Secretary → Takes all meeting minutes, keeps all of our documents, updates all of the mailing lists.
- Nominations for the board and council members
- President → Daniel Lange and Karen Dougherty
- Treasurer → Marlisa and Corey
- Secretary → Lacey
- Council Members → Robert, Gary
- Ballots will be collected at the end of the meeting and will be collected and counted.
- Results of election will be sent out via email to all members
Sign in Sheet and Contact Information
- This will ensure everyone’s contact information is collected.
- Ballots collected
- Update all contact information for those who are not on the active member list.
- Karen Doughterty: Discussion of utilizing Park Rangers for Dog Park issues
- Issues include not picking up after dog, unaltered dogs, dog fights etc.
- Want to have the multiple dog parks talking and having liaisons
- Utilizing park rangers for people not following the rules
- Possibly set up a page on the website to log complaints
- Add vice presidency position to council
- Will need to be ratified by entire membership
- Currently position expectations will need to be updated
- Need more participation
- There is a Facebook page
- President → Daniel
- Vice President → Karen D.
- Treasurer → Corey
- Secretary → Lacey
- December 15, 7pm – next meeting
- Location will be announced