CLAYTON THEODORE EHMAN B. 1983 U.S.A. (Currently living and working in San Diego, CA)
www.ClaytonEhman.com | ClaytonEhman@Hotmail.com | (858)342-6625
As a multidisciplinary artist, I am committed to producing art that engages a broad array of subjects and ideas. This is reflected in my works which consist of diverse mediums and processes from sculpture to music to painting to digital art and so on... Recently, I have mostly been working on abstract art with a maximal aesthetic. I often experiment by mixing, compiling, appropriating, sampling, remixing and recycling art. By doing so, my art has been evolving to repeatedly become more complex, dense, and/or layered as these elements correspond with my view(s) of reality and the overwhelming “universe” we live in.
Claremont Graduate University, Claremont, CA
University of California Riverside, Riverside, CA
Concentration in Studio Art
San Diego Mesa Community College, San Diego, CA
Certificate of Performance in New Media Publishing (2008)
Completed “Transfer Studies” requirements and took extra courses within the multimedia and art departments
• March 14th 2015: Clayton Ehman "Multimedia Art" @Dolphin & Hawk Gallery / La Jolla, San Diego, CA
• Jan - Feb 2014: After Image (Curated by Carl Berg) @Irvine Fine Arts Center / Irvine, CA
• December 2013: Indefinability2013C.E. @East Gallery (Claremont Graduate University) / Claremont, CA
• May 2013: Room 118 @Claremont Graduate University / Claremont, CA
• January 2010: Demo Exhibition @Phyllis Gill Gallery (University of California Riverside) / Riverside, CA
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS
• May 16th 2015: United Artists of San Diego First Group Exhibit @Dolphin & Hawk Gallery / La Jolla, San Diego, CA
• April 11th 2015: eARTh Exhibit @Dolphin & Hawk Gallery / La Jolla, San Diego, CA
• April 4th 2015: Far Out (Curated by Art Kami) @Wine Steals / Hillcrest, San Diego, CA
• April - May 2015: 50 to Watch @The Studio Door / North Park, San Diego, CA
• Jan - Feb 2015: JARS (Curated by Terri Oelrich) @Art Produce Gallery / San Diego, CA
• Dec 2014 - March 2015: 1st Annual Public Art Exhibition @Alexander Hughes Community Center / Claremont, CA
• April 2013: Clayton Ehman and George Pulido curated by Dominique Ovalle @Mosaic Art Gallery / Pomona, CA
• April 2012: Trilateral Exchange @DA Arts Center / Pomona, CA
• May - June 2010: Start Talking @California Museum of Photography / Riverside, CA
• 2012 – 2013 Graduate Studies Fellowship, Claremont Graduate University
• 2008 1st Place in Digital Music Production, Multimedia Awards, San Diego Mesa College
Works held in several private collections in the United Kingdom and United States
• “50 To Watch Presented by the Studio Door”, The Studio Door, North Park, San Diego, 2015 (Pages 24-25)
• Wheeler, Ian: “Artists tweak their work with paint, 3D effects” Orange County Register, Jan 18th, 2014
• “Featured Artist: Clayton Ehman” Art Collector California the Magazine (ArtCollectorCA.com), May 2015
Graphic Art/Digital Imaging – Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Filter Forge, GIMP, Processing, Photoshop plug-ins, Android applications, and more… Specialize in abstract art both representative and non-representative, logos, graphic design, maximalist art, and abstract landscapes. Have also made text art, Op art, and applied digital art/prints to mixed media works.
Photography – Have taken over six college level courses in photography/digital imaging and specialize in digital imaging and photo manipulation. Skilled in photographing art/installations for documentation and portraiture.
Printmaking – Have experience using large format Epson Printers (9600, 9800, 10000 and 3800) with Image Print and Photoshop Software. Also used many other inkjet printers and a couple laser printers.
Video Making & Editing - Have experience with Apple Final Cut Pro, Cyberlink Power Director, Adobe Premier, and Magix Movie Edit Pro. Skilled in framing, filming, cutting/splicing scenes, and adding effects.
Music Making & Editing – Have software experience in Sony Acid Pro, Image-Line FL Studio, Avid Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Sony SoundForge, Virtual DJ, Traktor Pro, VLC Plug-ins. Hardware experience with MIDI, Akai MPD, Hercules USB DJ Control, Mixer consoles, dynamic and condenser microphones, and chaos pads. Have published two albums, produced far over 1,000 music tracks, had music for sale by major distributors, and have recently publicly performed self produced music.
Web Design – Have experience with website building mostly by using Dreamweaver and website builders like Weebly, Squarespace, Wix, and GoDaddy. Also have experience with Macromedia Flash, Macromedia Director, and using FTP clients. Have produced several personal artist websites with images, music, video, and stores.
Sculpting – Have experience woodworking, metalworking, welding, ceramics, plaster, epoxy-resin, and using insulation foam to create unique forms.. Have taken classes in woodworking, ceramics, sculpture theory, and have produced many sculptures.
Pottery/Ceramics – Have made many projects with it of various shapes and sizes. Experience with potter’s wheel, hand building, slip casting, slip binding, glazing, Raku, and firing ceramics in various kilns.
Installation – Have experience hanging art and transforming spaces, a good sense of balance and keen as where to place art in group shows as well. Have also made several black light displays and used other lighting to transform objects and spaces as well.
Painting – Experience with using acrylic, tempura, watercolor, spray paint, interference paint, glow/neon paints, and liquid/gel mediums as well as adding epoxy-resin to paintings. Strength is in abstract painting with chaotic and varying styles. I have painted on paper, wood, canvas, metal, plastic, and painted sculptures. Have displayed paintings in a few fine art galleries and have works held in private collections in California.
Writing – Have completed several courses in creative writing and college level English courses. Written a lot of thoughtful poetry/lyrics and consider that a specialty. Also write comedy on the side and have also written a manifesto on the concept of “Indefinablism”.