Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Meeting
03.20.15 at 7:50 am – Beech Street
BOD Approved on 04.20.15
- Call to Order: Anna called the meeting to order at 7:57 am.
- Roll Call: Anna Cole, VP; Tamia Hurst, Secretary; Nate Seeley, Treasurer; Susan Likes, BM
Absent: Julie Suckla, President; Julie Bell, member; Josh Warinner, ED
Community Members: None
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission - Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori Methods, Community-Based educational approaches, and integrated academics (STEAM) to support student academic success, responsibility, and independence.
- Budget & Financial Oversight Committee – Nate and Susan
- Approval of 2015-2016 Preliminary Budget
- Nate moved to approve the revised 2015-2016 Preliminary Budget, seconded, all in favor. Motion carried.
- Adjournment: Anna moved to adjourn, seconded, all in favor. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 8:06 am.
Prepared by Tamia Hurst, BOD Secretary