Pigeon Forge High School
Principles of Law, Corrections, and Security
Room Number(s): 196
- Textbooks supplied. Textbooks are an in-class set. Students can not take them out of the class.
- Notebook, pen or pencil, folder, and paper
- None (This course is a prerequisite for Criminal Justice I.)
- Principles of Law, Corrections, and Security is an introductory course designed to prepare students to pursue careers in the fields of law enforcement, legal services, corrections, and security. Upon completion of this course, a proficient student will be able to identify careers in these fields, summarize the laws that govern the application of justice, and draw key connections between the history of the criminal justice system and the modern legal system. In addition, students will model the professional, moral, and ethical standards required of professionals in the fields of law, legal services, corrections, and security.
Major Projects/Field Trips
- Students will participate in CPR and basic First Aid training. During the course of the class, officers from the Pigeon Forge Police Department will make a presentation on K-9 handling and Explosive Ordnance Removal.
- Per Sevier County Board of Education policy, daily grades will count as two-thirds of a student’s final average while test grades will count as the final one-third. Deductions will be made for unexcused absences and tardies. The semester exam will count as 20% of the student’s final grade for the course when averaged with the grades from each marking period. Progress reports are distributed at the three week point of each six weeks grading period.
Parental Access to Instructional Materials
- Pursuant to Tennessee Code 49-6-7003, parents or guardians may request access to any teaching materials, instructional materials, and other teaching aids used in the classroom as well as any tests developed or graded by the teacher. In order to facilitate this request, parents/guardians are asked to submit a request for such review via letter, email, or phone conversation prior to an established meeting for said review.