4 ounces chicken, diced
1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes (or canned, drained)
3 bay leaves
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon hot sauce
3/4 cup rice
3 cups chicken stock
5 ounces Andouille sausage, sliced
Salt and pepper
1. In a bowl combine chicken and Creole seasoning, and work in seasoning well.
2. In a large saucepan heat oil over medium - high heat with onion, pepper and celery;
cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves, Worcestershire and hot sauces.
4. Stir in rice and slowly add broth.
5. Reduce heat to medium low and cook until rice absorbs liquid and becomes tender,
stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
6. When rice is just tender, add seasoned chicken and sausage. Cook until meat is
done, about 10 minutes more.
7. Season to taste with salt, pepper and Creole seasoning.
In our class, to prevent cross-contamination, please cut vegetables first, remove
them to a bowl, then slice meats. DO NOT cut meat first, then cut vegetables. This
can lead to the spread of food-borne illness!