SALMON & LEEK FILO PARCELS (serves 3)
Sufficient leek (2 large or 3 small) for three parcels, sliced finely
120g creme fraiche or cream cheese
6 sheets filo pastry
3 skinless salmon fillets.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180deg C/350deg F/Gas 4.
2. Put the leeks, together with the butter and 3 tbsp of water into a saucepan and cover. Cook on a medium to low heat for around 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the leeks are softened and tender. Season to taste and set aside to cool.
3. Once cool, mix with the creme fraiche (or cream cheese).
4. Next, take two sheets of filo pastry and brush each with olive oil (or melted butter, if you prefer). Place a piece of salmon into the middle of the sheet, season lightly and spoon a third of the leeks on top.
5. Fold up the sides of the pastry and scrunch the gathered top to form a "moneybag" shape. This will give some lovely crisp flakes of pastry, that give a welcome crunch to the meal.
6. Brush each parcel with oil (or butter) and place into the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes.