Low-Carb Chicken BLT
Prep time: 30 mins Total Time: 40 mins
This Low-carb version of a BLT is fresh and tasty. You won’t miss the bread at all and you’ll love the fresh tasting dressing to jazz it all up.
Author: Michelle Rotter
Skill Level: Easy
Cost to Make: $7-$10
8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
16 pieces thick cut bacon
1 small white onion
2 vine ripened tomatoes
8 tbsp mayo, or light mayo
1 tbsp canned pesto sauce
½ bottle Hidden Valley Ranch Avocado Dressing
- Place chicken in gallon sized zipper bag and tenderize it by hitting it with a mallet or rolling pin. Try to make all the chicken of equal thickness. Add half a bottle of salad dressing into bag, close it and smooch the dressing around the inside of the bag to coat the chicken. Place bag in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
- Pan fry or grill the chicken until fully cooked through. Toss extra dressing in bag.
- On stove top, microwave or in oven, fry the bacon until crisp.
- Thinly slice the white onion and tomatoes. Wash the spinach.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo and pesto and mix well.
- Assemble your BLT. On a plate vertically place two pieces of bacon, top with chicken breast. Next add 1 tbsp of mayo mixture. Top with onion, tomato and spinach.
Half of the deliciousness of this meal is in the presentation. Take the time to stack them neatly for a more appetizing presentation.
© 2017 Grandma Agnes’ Attic