Qualifications For ICF Senior Pastor Role
Educational and Work Experience
- Minimum three years full time theological study at tertiary level plus formal training in various ministry activities.
- Training and experience sufficient to handle main roles of the job description.
- Appreciation of and commitment to a wholistic world view.
Preference obviously will be given to those with....
- Experience in working interdenominationally.
- Experience in working internationally, preferably in a developing country context.
- Experience in and understanding of a variety of church service traditions.
- Minimum ten years in church leadership role.
- Ordained in own denomination.
- Leadership and visionary abilities; good up-front leadership style and ability.
- Competent preacher.
- Pastoral care and counselling.
- Well organised, with an eye for detail, able to think ahead, able to organize others.
- Good communicator, with well developed interpersonal skills.
- Computer competent.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Able to work cross-culturally and interdenominationally.
- Godly nature, forgiving and merciful!
- Personable with positive outlook on life.
- Flexible and open to change.
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Good sense of humour.
- Able to be remain relaxed and flexible in the midst of chaos and imperfection.
- Able to take initiative.
- Wholehearted commitment to unity.
- Wholehearted commitment to prayer.
- Able to embrace the diversity of human kind.
- Willingness to learn basic Khmer language.
- Consistent with Biblical qualifications for leadership.
- Willing and able to take responsibility for personal and professional development.
Download as PDF