AUSTIN INTERNATIONAL FOLK DANCERS
CODE OF CONDUCT
Austin International Folk Dancers (AIFD) is dedicated to providing a safe and comfortable experience for everyone at AIFD events. Participants are expected to comply with the rules below. AIFD Board members will enforce these rules at all AIFD events.
- No form of harassment related to gender, age, physical appearance, sexual orientation, race, religion, or physical or mental capability will be tolerated.
- Offensive or inappropriate verbal comments
- Display of offensive images
- Intimidation, stalking or following
- Objectionable photography or video recording
- Sustained or repeated disruption of an AIFD event
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Participants asked to stop harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- AIFD Board members may take any action they deem appropriate in response to harassing behavior, including counseling, warning, and expulsion from the AIFD event.
- AIFD Board members are available to help participants contact local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the AIFD event.
- Participants are encouraged to contact an AIFD Board member if they notice that someone is being harassed or they have any other concerns.
BEING A GOOD PARTICIPANT
- Do not offer unsolicited advice to others, either during teaching or while dancing.
- Exercise caution on the dance floor with yourself, your partner, and those around you to avoid injuries or the risk of harassing behavior.
- Practice good hygiene and dress appropriately.
OPTIONS FOR HELP
- Find an AIFD board member in person (during the event)