Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Meeting
August 18, 2016 at 6:30 PM – 18 Beech Street
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission – Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori methods, Community-Based educational approaches, and integrated academics (STEAM) to support student academic success, responsibility, and independence.
Montessori Moment – Chad
Volunteer for next Montessori Moment (TBD at meeting) -
- Approval of Previous Minutes
- Motion to Adopt Agenda
- Community Member Forum: Community members may use this time to speak to the board; three minute time cap please. For discussion(s) that may take more time please email the board at email@example.com.
- Staff Comments: three minute time cap please. For discussion(s) that may take more time please email the board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Board President (Nate)
- Budget & Financial Oversight Committee (Chad)
- Head of School (Susan)
- Opt out form for parents
- Finance Director (Susan - standing in for Aaron)
- Fundraising Committee (Julie)
- Review proposed fundraising policy. Second Meeting - “the proposal shall be presented for a first reading, discussion and first vote” (See RE-1 policy BG - School Board Policy Process)
- Discussion of procedure and form
- First vote (Will receive a second vote at next meeting if the vote passes.)
- Building and Location Committee (Julie)
- Update on location search
- Transition the Justice Center investigation from the Committee to the Board.
- New Business
- Shared Board Information
- Upcoming events
- Back to School BBQ, August 18
- First Day of School, August 24
- Montessori Philosophy Night, September 27
- Next BOD meeting
- September 19
- Status of previous meeting’s action items – Tamia
- Review all current action items – Tamia
- Items for Future Agenda(s) – BOD President