Mount Vernon Community School District Facilities Use Policy
Checklist of Expectations for Use
General Facility Use Protocols
Exterior Entry Doors
- must never be propped open during any use
- may only be left unlocked for ingress of spectators and must be monitored during performance or relocked when performance begins
- closed when not in immediate use
- must have monitor(s) assigned to open and close during use
- must be locked and checked before leaving school facility premises
Key(s), Pass Code(s) And All Other Modes Of Access
- are the sole responsibility of and use by the person(s) named on the facilities use contract
- to be returned within the time frame designated by the Director of Activities.
- pass code or card key and all other modes of electronic access will be terminated after last day of facility’s use
- the transfer of any key(s), pass code(s), key card(s) or any other modes of access to any person(s), other than those named on the facility use contract, is strictly prohibited
Interior Entry Access
- permitted to only those rooms necessary for intended use.
- all other areas of building that are not previously reserved need to remain vacated from all participants, their guests, family members or any spectators/observers except for those hallways or commons. leading directly to and from the main facility room(s) in use to bathroom(s), concession(s), entrance(s) or exit(s). Organizations will be held responsible for all damage of facilities during the extent of their use.
- leasing agent(s) must provide assigned supervision to insure that all attendees or participants stay in primary use area(s).
- participating children (school age) must be accompanied by responsible adult supervision (age 18 or older)
- spectating children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by at least one parent or responsible adult
District Facilities and Property
- all school property and equipment approved for use by leasing agent(s) must be used according to OSHA standards and a district determined, competent level of skill
- must be put back to a neutral state
- upon inspection, to be held within 48 hours and by authorized school personnel, any costs incurred for missing property, damages, repairs and/or replacements will be the financial responsibility of the leasing agent(s)
- all lights and equipment turned on by lessee, its participants or spectators must be turned off after event use has culminated before vacating facility