60 Second Pitch Assignment
In the business world, an “elevator pitch” is a quick, passionately delivered description of a product that an inventor/business owner has created. You never know when you’ll be standing in line or sharing an elevator ride with a rich and powerful investor. To make the most of such an opportunity, an inventor must have an elevator pitch ready to roll at a moment’s notice.
Next week, you will “pitch” your PBL idea to the full class with a 60-second elevator pitch/mini-presentation.
Your pitch must include:
- What you want to create during your PBL Project
- Why you chose this project (Tell a little story, perhaps?)
- What materials/resources you’ll need
- What obstacles you anticipate and your plan to navigate those obstacles
- Why this project is worthy of a significant investment of time
- Graciously thank the audience for our time/consideration of your idea
- Be organized with your thoughts and ready to speak passionately about your PBL Project proposal.
- You will also participate in a full-class question/answer session after your pitch (a kinder, gentler Shark Tank experience of sorts), so be ready to further explain/defend your idea.
My 60 Second Pitch Date is: