STATEMENT OF INTENT
We, the community of Dance!?! Alt Fusion:
- welcome people of all races, sizes, shapes, abilities, histories, cultures, education, genders, sexual orientations, and religions.
- recognize we live in a world where oppressive behaviors are systemic (including racism, sizism, sexism, xenophobia, ableism, and hetero and cis-centrism), and while we show empathy for such unconscious behaviors, we actively seek to change them.
- support each other to learn and grow on and off the dance floor.
- hold each other accountable to act with respect, courtesy and understanding toward each other.
- support each other in our decisions to decline any uncomfortable or inappropriate actions.
- support individuals to resolve any conflicts that arise in our community.
- work together to create a space where we feel safe enough to interact joyously and bring play and magic to our relationships and interactions.
We have expectations of all Dance!?! Alt Fusion community members (including organizers) regarding:
- EMPATHETIC REGARD: Treat people as they want to be treated. If you don’t know how they want to be treated, ask.
- RESPECT: Respect and be courteous to your fellow dancers and their decisions, even if you don’t understand the decisions themselves. This includes respecting yourself and your decisions.
- DIVERSITY: Embrace diversity of people and dance. Like people, fusion dance takes many shapes and forms. Honor each individual’s culture, movement and dance background. And that’s what makes it amazing and interesting.
- COMMUNICATION: We encourage a culture of consent; you are expected to clearly communicate your actions, intentions, boundaries, and needs. When making requests, it is everyone’s responsibility to allow others space to deliberate. We ask that you receive verbal and non-verbal communication and respond appropriately.
- SEXUALITY: Our dance is a public community space; we do not tolerate overt or implied sexual acts in our community space. This includes, but is not limited to, groping, excessive making-out, or other interactions which do not support the inclusive atmosphere of the event.
- CONFLICT RESOLUTION: We encourage you to be proactive in resolving conflicts. If you would like support in resolving a conflict, reach out to a community member, host, or organizer. The host team is eager to support you in resolving any issues that arise. If you are not comfortable bringing a concern to a host directly, feel free to ask a friend to do so on your behalf.
- IMPACT: We expect everyone present in the space to be aware of how their actions are impacting others around them and their own ability to offer or create consent. This could include choices to consume alcohol, cannabis, or illegal drugs.
- FEELINGS: All of your feelings are valid and welcome in the space. We encourage you to acknowledge your feelings and what they are telling you, to support yourself and others in being where they are at, and to allow your feelings to be expressed and transformed in your movement and relationships.
STATEMENT OF EXCLUSION
Though we show empathy for individuals who have demonstrated a history of harming others at or outside of the event, we reserve the right to limit their participation in and/or exclude them from our event(s). We may also ask individuals to leave or modify their behavior if they are acting in a manner that does not meet the community expectations outlined in this policy.
CONTACT THE ORGANIZING TEAM
If you have a suggestion, question, or concern, please approach a host at an event, contact the organizing team on Facebook, or email us at email@example.com.
For concerns that need immediate attention during the event:
Please call (720) 943-0903
You will reach one of the organizers (Tresne, Aimee, Tian Yu, or George)