College Insiders Guide
College Prep Checklists
Links to Colleges & Universities
Selecting a College
Gap Year Programs
Summer Activities Evaluations
College Center Events
The College and Career Center hosts several informational events to assist students and their parents to better understand the college admissions process and other options for students after their high school graduation.
College Center events include:
- Community College Presentation - Held each fall to present community college options.
- Career Day (every other year) - This event enables students to learn first hand about different career options. Representatives from an assortment of careers speak to students and answer questions during this exciting spring event!
- Junior Orientation for Students
- Orientation for Parents of Juniors
- Orientation for Parents of Freshmen
- Orientation for Parents of Sophomores
- Case Studies Night - Enables juniors and their parents to experience becoming a college admissions officer. Admissions data for several typical students is provided for small group discussions about which students a college might accept. Invited college admissions representatives provide their insight after the parent and student discussions.
- Parent Panel - A panel of senior parents presents the college admissions process experienced by their families followed by a question and answer period. Great information directly from our own parent community.