One Classy Dish Recipe
TERIYAKI CHICKEN SKEWERS
1. Cut each chicken thigh into 4 pieces or strips about 1 inch thick. Thread chicken onto 6-inch wooden skewers, folding thinner pieces, off necessary.
2. Place skewers in Crock-Pot slow cooker, layering as flat as possible. (I had to trim about a inch off the skewers to fit flat in the Crock-Pot so do that before you skewer them).
3. Whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, & minced garlic in a small bowl.
Reserve 1/3 cup sauce; set aside.
4. Pour remaining sauce over chicken. Cover; cook on LOW 2 hours.
Turn skewers over & cook 1 hour longer.
5. Transfer skewers to serving platter. Discard cooked liquid. Spoon on reserved sauce & sprinkle with sliced green onions & sesame seeds, if desired.
For Whole30 & Paleo remove sugar & use coconut aminos in place of soy sauce. This is a pretty straight forward & easy recipe to follow, but if you don't own a Crock-Pot, or don't have 3 hours to spare, just use the sauce as a marinade for at least an hour & BBQ the skewers. I like to place them each on an oven top grill to give them markings & crisp them up after I take them out of the Crock-Pot. You can add a peanut sauce to dip, serve them on a bed of rice or they pair well with my Veggie Stir-Fry or Chinese Chicken Salad. Don't forget, you can always substitute soy sauce for gluten free soy sauce & in this dish don't add the wontons to make it gluten free!